Chapter 8

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine paced around the Gryffindor dormitory. Angelina was applying red nail polish to her fingernails as she watched Katherine mumble to herself. The Gryffindor blew on her nails and walked over to her new friend. Angelina put her hands on Katherine's shoulders to make her stop walking back and forth.

"Kari, you have got to stop pacing," Angelina laughed.

"Kari? Is that my new nickname?" Katherine cracked a smile when Angelina nodded. "Hm. I like it, but I can't stop pacing. It keeps my nerves at bay."

"There is nothing to be nervous about. You are going to blow everyone away tonight!" Angelina squealed.

She grabbed Katherine's blue silky dress and gave it to the uneasy Hufflepuff. Katherine walked into the bathroom and slipped the dress on. It fit Katherine so well. The dress hugged her curves and had a slit in the side, showing off Katherine's leg. The sleeves fell to her upper arm. Katherine walked out of the bathroom to show Angelina the dress.

"Merlin's beard! That dress was made for you!" Angelina exclaimed, looking her up and down. "If I were a boy, I would so do you."

"Angelina!" Katherine playfully hit her arm. "You're making me blush!"

"Alright, enough jibber-jabber! We have to do your hair and makeup!" Angelina dragged Katherine to her bed and got out her makeup.

Angelina did her eyeshadow first. She mixed blue and silver to match Katherine's dress and nail polish. Then she applied eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss. Angelina moved onto the hair. She put Katherine's wavy hair into a half-up half-down hairstyle; Angelina braided the upper half in a french braid. When she finished, Angelina pulled Kathrine to her vanity set. Katherine beamed at her appearance.

"You made me beautiful, Ange!" Katherine hugged Angelina.

"Girl, you were already beautiful. I just, what's the word?" Angelina stroked her imaginary beard and pondered. "Oh yeah, enhanced."

Angelina got herself ready, and when she finished, she looked stunning. The red dress complimented her dark features. The makeup that the Gryffindor did to herself was beautiful. It made Katherine wonder why she never talked about it. Angelina was so good. She could be a professional makeup artist if she wanted to. Angelina finished after she straightened her hair.

"Okay, so this is the game plan," Angelina started. "The boys are waiting near the bottom of the stairs near the ball. Once we have all of our accessories, we will leave the common room and meet the boys. I can not wait to see look the on Fred and George's faces when they see us!"

Katherine put on silver hoop earrings and a ring that her mum had left for her when she died. The ring was silver, and it had Katherine's birthstone as the jewel, a sapphire. It fit perfectly with her dress. When they finished, Katherine and Angelina exited the common room and made their way to the grand stairway. Katherine could feel her breath pick up when she saw the back of George's head. She looked at Angelina, who had a big grin on her face. Fred and Angelina were already staring at each other. Fred said something to George, causing him to face his date. He gaped at the sight of Katherine, his eyes traveling up and down her body. Angelina and Katherine walked down the stairs.