Chapter 20

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

"You can't keep this secret from everyone, Dumbledore!" Katherine heard someone say as she climbed the stairs that led to the headmaster's office.

"I will when the time is right," Unlike the other person, Dumbledore's voice was calm and quiet.

"Please do it before Christmas Break. It would make him very happy," The person sighed.

"I-" Dumbledore stopped speaking when he saw Katherine standing at the entrance. "Hello, Miss Ollivander!"

"Hi, Professor," Katherine's eyes went to the other person in the room. It was Remus. "Hi, Remus."

"Hello, Katherine," Remus gave a small smile and turned to Dumbledore. "Well, I should get going. Bye, Dumbeldore. I'll see you at Christmas, Katherine."

"Well, take a seat, Miss. Ollivander," Dumbledore said as Remus exited the office. "I've been wanting to talk to you since everyone came back to school, but I've been a tad bit busy. Last year, you were cast under the Imperius Curse twice and resisted twice. Am I right?"

"Yes, sir," Katherine answered.

"You should be very proud of yourself," Dumbledore's eyes twinkled. "Do you know what that entails about you?"

"I'm afraid I do not."

"You have the power of spell resistance. You resisted the Imperius twice, and the person that cast it was very powerful." Dumbledore seemed to notice Katherine's confused look because he started to explain what spell resistance was. "Spell resistance requires a wizard to be very strong mentally. As you already know, wizards that are spell resistant can withstand the Imperius Curse as well as Occlumency and non-verbal magic."

"You're saying if someone tried to read my mind, they wouldn't be able to?" Katherine asked.

"I'm not sure, but I would like to see if you can," Dumbledore replied. "After Christmas, I would like you to take lessons with Professor Snape. I would love to see how far your abilities can stretch. I would also like for you to come to my office every Thursday night. I want to test your resistance to non-verbals and other things if that's okay with you."

"That would be amazing, Professor!" Katherine beamed.

"That's great to hear. We will meet this Thursday," Dumbledore said. "Have a good day, Miss. Ollivander."

"Bye, Professor," Katherine waved and made her way to the Gargoyle statue, where George was waiting for her.

"So what did ol' Dumbledore want to talk about?" George asked as he put his arm around Katherine, and she told him everything.

<><><>

Katherine stared at Dumbledore's phoenix, Fawkes. Since the last time she has seen the bird, which was four days ago, it had grown quite a bit. Fawkes tilted his head at the Hufflepuff and put its head forward. Katherine smiled and softly petted the head of the bird.