Chapter 33

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine was walking through the halls with Ginny and Luna. Luna was going on about Nargles, which Katherine had never heard of. Katherine had just finished one of her exams and was freaking out over if she did well. Suddenly, the girls heard yelling coming from one of the rooms. Ginny looked at Katherine and nodded towards the door. Katherine shrugged her shoulders in response. Ginny walked over and opened the door, revealing Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

"Hi," Ginny mumbled. "We recognized Harry's voice—what are you yelling about?"

"Never you mind," Harry sharply said. Katherine's eyes widened at Harry's tone.

"There's no need to take that tone with me," Ginny said calmly. "I was only wondering whether we can help you."

"Well, you can't," Harry snapped.

"You're being rather rude, you know," Luna said serenely. Harry sore under his breath and turned away.

"Wait," Hermione said. "Harry, they could help. We need to establish whether Sirius really has left headquarters—"

"Wait, Sirius left?" Katherine asked worriedly.

"I had a vision," Harry mumbled. "I've told you, I saw—"

"Please let's just check that Sirius isn't at home before we go charging off to London—if we find out he's not there, then I swear I won't try to stop you, I'll come, I'll d-do whatever it takes to try and save him—"

"Sirius is being tortured NOW!" Harry shouted.

"What!" Katherine yelled.

"We have to check. This might be a trick of V-Voldemort's," Hermione stuttered when she said his name.

"How," Harry demanded. "How're we going to check?"

"Katherine has that mirror Sirius gave her," Ron suggested.

"He might not answer," Katherine warned. "Sirius doesn't always answer."

"Okay, if Sirius doesn't answer, we can go to Umbridge's fireplace," Hermione said. "We'll draw Umbridge away again, but we'll need lookouts, and that's where we can use Ginny, Luna, and Katherine."

"Um, no!" Katherine said. "Sirius is my uncle."

"Kari, we need someone to look out for the younger ones," Ron whispered to Katherine. She looked at Ginny and Luna. Ginny had her arms crossed and her foot was rapping on the ground, showing her impatience while Luna stared aimlessly around the room. Katherine sighed and nodded her head.

They talked further about their plan before Harry left. The rest of them went to the corridor that had Umbridge's office. It took a while, but Harry finally returned, giving everyone a task to do. Ginny, Luna, and Katherine were going to make sure no one went through the corridor.