Chapter 15

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine shot up from her bed. She looked around the room was she was in and only relaxed when she saw George sleeping soundly next to her.

    Katherine felt something drip down her face. Her fingers felt her cheek. They were tears. Katherine deeply sighed and laid back down. She stared at the ceiling for couple of minutes but she couldn't fall asleep.

    Katherine decided to get up and question walk to the kitchen to get a cup of tea. When it was finished, Katherine sat at the table and took a tiny sip. After placing the cup down, she put her head in her hands.

    "What are you doing down here so late?"

    Katherine's looked up and saw Sirius in silky pjs. The want to laugh was hard to control but Katherine managed to do so.

    "I just had a bad dream," Katherine said. She took another sip of her drink.

    "And what would that dream be about?" Sirius asked. He sat across from Katherine.

    "Just the normal vampires and stuff, you know,"
Katherine lied. She didn't appreciate how nosy Sirius was.

    Sirius stared at Katherine, making her furrow her brows.

    "You're a bad liar. Has anyone told you that?" Sirius smiled, amused.

    Katherine frowned. "No, actually."

    "Well, you are," Sirius said. "Now, tell me what's really in those dreams of yours."

     "I don't think I should, frankly," Katherine said shortly.

     "Badger has claws," Sirius smirked. Katherine didn't find his joke funny. "Come on. It'll make you feel better if you just spill."

      Katherine shook her head. "Don't know you well enough to 'spill'."

     "Alright," Sirius chuckled. "My name is Sirius Orion Black and I am thirty-five years old. I'm a Gryffindor and I'm an Animagus. Is that good enough for you?"

     "I don't appreciate the attitude," Katherine crossed her arms, making Sirius chuckle. "What's so funny?"

     "You just remind me of someone that's all," Sirius sighed.

     "And who would that be?" Katherine asked

     "I'll tell you if you tell me about your bad dream," Sirius bargained.

     "That's not a very good deal," Katherine said.

     "I'll add making you chocolate chip pancakes every morning," Sirius said. "I've noticed how much you love those."

     Katherine debated on taking Sirius up in his offer. Having chocolate chip pancakes was a dream, but telling Sirius about her nightmare was personal. Then Katherine remembered what Sirius had gone through. Maybe he could help her.