Chapter 61

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine sat in the twins' old room. The image of Voldemort killing Mad-Eye replayed in her head repeatedly. It haunted her dreams and even when she was awake. Katherine couldn't help but feel guilty about the situation. If Mad-Eye hadn't gotten in the way of the curse, he wouldn't have died. The world needed him more than they needed Katherine. She was just a regular witch, while Mad-Eye was an excellent man and Auror.

"Kari," a dainty voice said. Katherine looked up and saw Fleur standing in the doorway. Katherine put on a fake smile.

"What's up, Fleur?" Katherine asked.

"I wanted to ask you a question," she replied, sitting next to Katherine.

"Alright," Katherine nodded and faced Fleur.

"Would you be a bridesmaid at my wedding?" Fleur asked with a hopeful smile.

"Fleur, are you serious?" Katherine was now showing a genuine smile.

"Yes," Fleur giggled.

"Oh, Merlin! I would love to be a bridesmaid!" Katherine exclaimed. She grabbed Fleur and buried her in a bear hug. "This is going to be amazing! Oh, I can't wait! Who else is going to be one?"

"My sister and Ginny," Fleur answered. "I already picked the dresses out."

"Thank you so much, Fleur!" Katherine said.

Katherine and Fleur talked for a couple of minutes before the French girl said goodbye. Katherine couldn't stop smiling. She was going to be a bridesmaid! Kathrine had to tell George. She shot up and got out of the room. Katherine was about to go downstairs, but she heard hushed whispers from upstairs. Being the nosy girl she was, Katherine decided to figure out who was talking and what they were talking about. Katherine reached the next floor and realized it was Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

". . . R.A.B. . . ."

The mention of Katherine's father made her eyes widen. Why was the trio talking about her Dad? Katherine opened the door and watched their shocked faces. She looked at what Harry was holding a note and a locket.

"How do you know about R.A.B.?" Katherine asked.

"You know who R.A.B.?" Harry questioned.

"Of course I do! He's my father," Katherine answered. Harry, Hermione, and Ron looked at each other with wide eyes. "Now, answer my question."

"I can't tell you," Harry said.

"Why not?" Katherine scoffed.

"Dumbledore's orders," Hermione answered.

Katherine thought about the note her father left her. "Is this about that Horcrux?"

"How do you know?" Ron asked.

"My Dad left me a note talking about a Horcrux he stole from Voldemort," Katherine explained.

"Sit down," Harry said, patting the bed he was sitting on.

Harry began to tell Katherine about the mission he and Dumbledore went on before his death. They entered the cave to steal a Horcrux just like Regulus had done. The Inferi, the basin containing the fake locket, and the cursed water. It didn't sound very nice. Harry got on to the note that was left in the locket.

"'I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can,'" Harry read.

"Well, what if he did finish it off?" Ron asked. "If he did, it'd be one less to do."

"Yes, but we're still going to have to try and trace the real locket, aren't we?" Hermione said. "To find whether or not it's destroyed."

"And once we get hold of it, how do you destroy a Horcrux?" Ron questioned.

The trio went on to figure out how to destroy a Horcrux. Katherine kept quiet because she didn't want to go looking with them. She wanted to stay with George and spend as much time with him as possible. You never know when your last day on Earth was, especially with Voldemort gaining control of the Ministry. Soon Molly interrupted with her needing help with the wedding presents. She eyed Katherine before she left the room.

"Well, let's go, guys," Katherine said, getting up.

"Wait, can I talk to you for a minute?" Harry asked. Then he looked at Hermione and Ron. "Alone."

"Sure."

"Okay."

Harry waited for the door to close and then looked at Katherine. "I don't want you to come—"

"Harry, stop right there," Katherine chuckled. "I don't plan on coming. First of all, Dumbledore left this mission for you, Ron, and Hermione. Second of all,  I want to stay with George."

Harry let out a sigh of relief. "Okay, good."

The next morning Fleur's family arrived. It was nice to meet new people, especially French people. Katherine loved the accents and style the Delacour family bore. They were a bit snobby, but Katherine ignored that and focused on the stories Mr. Delacour told them about their home. It made Katherine want to visit France.

Katherine looked at Gabrielle, Fleur's younger sister. There was a striking resemblance between the siblings. Both had long platinum blonde hair and dark blue eyes. Gabrielle grew a few inches since that last time Katherine saw her. The once innocent little girl was now turning into a beautiful woman just like her sister.