Chapter 11

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine stared at George as he took a sip of his Butterbeer. His handsome face entranced her. George's eyes flickered to Katherine, and he smirked when he realized she was staring. Katherine felt her face get red but kept eye contact. George's smile stayed. He didn't blink as he leaned in closer and closer to Katherine.

    "Are we having some sort of staring contest?" Katherine giggled.

    "Yes, we are, love. And I am going to win-" Just as George finished his sentence, he clapped his hands in front of Katherine's face, causing her to blink.

    "Hey! That's cheating!" Katherine pouted, crossing her arms.

    "Oh, it's not a big deal!" George teased. He went in for a kiss, but Katherine put her finger to his lips and shook her head.

    "I don't kiss cheaters," Katherine winked. George touched his chest, and dramatically fake cried.

    "Oh, Katherine, you are killing me! I need your lips on mine!" The Gryffindor teased in a posh accent.

    "Maybe if you get me some chocolate, I'll give you a kiss," Katherine jokingly batted her eyelashes.

    "Okay!" George chugged the rest of his drink and got up.

    "What are you doing?" Katherine laughed.

    "I'm getting you chocolate. I want to kiss you as soon as I can. Now get up!" George walked over to his girlfriend. He picked her up and adjusted her in his arms, carrying her bridal style.

    Katherine laughed as George carried her out of the pub and down the street to Honeydukes; they walked to the chocolate section and got some Chocolate Cauldrons and Chocolate Frogs. The couple paid for the candy and made their way back to the castle.

    "Who'd you get?" George asked as Katherine opened a chocolate frog

    "Morgan le Fay," Katherine responded. "You?"

    "Merlin," Geroge shoved the chocolate in his mouth. "Have you talked to your dad?

    "No, but I have talked to grandpa. He finally told me that he's not coming back," Katherine sighed, making sure not to make eye contact with George.

    "Why didn't you tell me?" George stopped walking and stared at Katherine's face, which faced the ground.

    "I didn't want to bother you with my problems," Katherine said. George let out a big sigh and stepped towards his girlfriend. He took her chin and gently lifted it so she faced him. George placed a soft peck on Katherine's lips.

    "Katherine, you are my girlfriend. You are supposed to tell me when something is bothering you," George said after breaking the kiss. "Now tell me everything."