Chapter 44

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine sat on the couch in the Burrow with the Christmas sweater that Molly had made her. Everyone had one except Fleur, which made Katherine feel bad. She could see the hurt in Fleur's eyes as she looked at the sweaters the family was wearing. Katherine glared at Molly. How could she do this to her future daughter-in-law? Katherine stomped over to Molly as she cooked Christmas Lunch.

    "Molly, did you forget to make Fleur a sweater?" She was trying to be as calm as possible when she asked the question. After all, Molly treated her with such kindness when Katherine lived with her.

    "No, I just didn't make one for her," Molly responded with her nose in the air.

    "And why is that?" Katherine took a deep breath as she spoke.

    "Because she's not a part of this family," Molly said as she took the chicken out of the oven.

    "Fleur is Bill's fiance!" Katherine raised her voice, but not to the point others would hear. "Molly, you have to accept the fact that she is going to marry your son. They love each other very much."

    "She's not going to be his fiance for long!" Molly snapped. "They don't belong together. My Bill is so sweet and charming while she's a snob!"

    "Molly, please stop," Katherine said. "Can't you see that Bill is happy?"

    Molly huffed and turned away from Katherine. The girl walked away, not wanting to say something she would forget. Katherine went to the twins' old room, knowing the perfect idea to fix Fleur's uneasiness. She rummaged through the trunk between the beds and pulled out a maroon sweater that had a big F on it. Smiling, Katherine ran down the stairs and spotted the girl she wanted to see.

    "Hey, Fleur!" Katherine smiled.

    "Oh, 'ello," Fleur gave a fake smile.

    "I have a surprise for you," Katherine sang. She put the sweater in front of Fleur.

    "Did Molly make thees?" Fleur gave a genuine smile when she saw the initial on the sweater.

    "Yup! She just made it a little late," Katherine lied. She caught a glimpse of Bill, who smiled at her knowingly. He mouthed a thank you, to which Katherine responded with a slight nod.

    Molly called everyone to the table when lunch was finished. As everyone filled their plates, Molly glared at the sweater Fleur was wearing. She made eye contact with Katherine, who shrugged. Soon a conversation about Tonks came up. Remus became uncomfortable when Harry brought up Tonks' Patronus change. Katherine knew it had something to do with Remus. Tonks was utterly in love with the man.

    "Arthur!" Molly rose from her chair while staring out the window. "Arthur—it's Percy!"

    "What!"