Chapter 66

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine lazily sat in one of the wooden kitchen chairs and thought about what had just happened. Remus was being an irrational fool. Leaving his wife and unborn child wouldn't solve any of his worries. It would only make them worse. Although Katherine could see what he was trying to say, it still didn't give Remus the right to leave his family. If Tonks got wind of what was said, she would be heartbroken.

Harry was sitting a few chairs away from Katherine. She glanced at him and saw sadness written all over his face. It must've been the article he had just read about Dumbledore. The article was all about Kendra and Ariana Dumbledore, mother and sister to Albus Dumbledore. Katherine wanted to say something to him but wasn't given a chance because Kreacher tumbled into the room with Mundungus Fletcher.

"Kreacher has returned with the thief Mundungus Fletcher, Mistress," Kreacher croaked.

"Expelliarmus!" Hermione quickly disarmed the thief who was trying to pull his wand out.

"Kreacher, you don't have to call me Mistress," Katherine chuckled. "But good job!"

"What?" Mundungus bellowed as he tried to get free of Ron, who had just tackled him to the floor. "Wha've I done? Setting a bleedin' 'ous-elf on me. What are you playing at, wha've done? Lemme go, lemme go or—"

"You're not in much of a position to make threats," Harry said, throwing aside the newspaper he was reading. He walked to Mundungus and knelt down.

"Kreacher apologizes for the delay in bringing the thief, Katherine," Kreacher said. "Fletcher knows how to avoid capture, has many hidey-holes and accomplices. Nevertheless, Kreacher cornered the thief in the end."

"As I said before, you did a good job!" Katherine chuckled. She walked to the counter and grabbed a few pieces of bacon. "Have some food Kreacher."

"Thank you, Katherine," Kreacher bowed and began to nibble the bacon.

"Right, we've got a few questions for you," Harry said.

"Why the 'ell am I being 'unted down by 'ouse-elves? Is this about them goblets again? I ain't got none of 'em left, or you could 'ave em—"

"It's not about the goblets either, although you're getting warmer," Harry said. "Shut up and listen. When you cleaned out this house of anything valuable—"

"Sirius never cared about any of the junk—"

There was a clank and little footsteps running across the floor. Kreacher jumped on Mundungus and started to hit him with a saucepan.

"Call 'im off, call 'im off, 'e should be locked up!" Mundungus screamed as Kreacher kept hitting him with the pan.

"Kreacher, no!" Katherine half-shouted and half laughed. Kreacher stopped and looked at Katherine.