Chapter 62

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

"Happy birthday Harry!" Katherine yelled as she ran into the kitchen.

"Thanks, Kari," Harry chuckled.

Katherine handed Harry a wrapped present. "Open it."

Harry smiled and Katherine and began to unwrap the box. When Harry finished unwrapping, he marveled at the blue velvet box. Katherine bit her lip in excitement as she watched him open the box. Inside was a gold, emerald, and maroon watch with three tiny clocks in the middle.

"So on a wizard's seventeenth birthday, they always get a watch," Katherine explained. "I picked the maroon part obviously because you're in Gryffindor, and the green is for your eyes."

Katherine watched Harry examine the watch. She couldn't tell if he liked or disliked the gift, which made her nervous. Suddenly, he began to smile and ran to Katherine.

Harry hugged her tightly. "Thank you!"

"So you like it?" Katherine asked.

"No, I love it," Harry pulled away and beamed at her.

Katherine laughed. "Good. For a second there, I thought you didn't."

"Harry, will you come here for a moment?" Ginny asked from outside the room.

Harry nodded and left Katherine with Ron and Hermione. Katherine looked at the two with a smirk. Hermione shook her head and nodded to Ron, who looked a tad irritated. Katherine nodded but continued to smile. After a while, Ron got up and started to walk away.

"Ron, stop it!" Hermione yelled, but it was no use. Ron continued to march to the room that Ginny and Harry disappeared into.

<><><>

Katherine looked in the mirror as Ginny styled her hair. The bridesmaids were wearing gold dresses and gold high heels. Mrs. Delacour had done Katherine's makeup: gold eyeshadow, clear lip gloss, and a line of white eyeliner. Ginny straightened Katherine's hair and did a half up half down style. When the ginger finished, Katherine looked in the mirror. Smiling, Katherine twirled in the mirror.

Katherine loved the dress Fleur had picked out. It showed half of her back, and it fell to her mid-thighs. The dress had a V-neck style that exposed some cleavage, but not too much. The gold color matched well with Katherine's brunette hair and grey eyes. Sadly, Ginny didn't like the dress. She claimed it clashed too much with her hair, but Katherine thought differently. Ginny looked beautiful!

"You look so beautiful!" Ginny said. She looked in the mirror at herself and frowned. "Sometimes I wish I didn't have red hair."

"Oh, stop it!" Katherine said sternly. "You are stunning in that dress! Harry won't be able to take his eyes off of you."