Chapter 51

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine couldn't stop thinking about Kreacher and the letter he had sent to her for Christmas. She hated herself for caring for the House-Elf, but Katherine couldn't control those sorts of things. Either way, Molly wouldn't let Katherine leave without another person. It irritated Katherine, but at the same time, it made her feel loved. Molly only wanted to keep Katherine safe, and she knew that. Regardless of Molly's restrictions, Katherine was going to visit Grimmauld Place.

    Katherine waited till nightfall to put her plan in action. Katherine stuffed the bed with clothes and pillows to make it seem she was still in the bed. Slowly and silently, she tiptoed down the stairs while praying to Merlin Molly wouldn't come out and catch her. Katherine was on the last step when a creak sounded. She squeezed her eyes shut and stopped breathing. When Katherine didn't hear footsteps, she continued. Finally, she reached the door and walked out far enough to apparate.

    The familiar black hallways came into sight when Katherine arrived at Grimmauld Place. The place looked a mess. Everything was dusty, clothes were everywhere, and portraits were crooked. Katherine went into the living room and saw the uncovered portrait of her grandmother. To avoid any yelling, Katherine ran out and went into the kitchen. Dirty dishes were towered next to the sink that had mold on it.

    Katherine went to the room with the portrait of Phineus. Maybe he knew where Kreacher was. Katherine jogged up the stairs and into the room. Phineus was surprisingly in the painting. Katherine thought he would've been at Hogwarts. When Phineus heard the door open, he looked in that direction and smiled when he saw Katherine.

    "Hello, Phineus," Katherine smiled and walked deeper into the room.

    "Hi, Katherine," Phineus gave a small smile. "What are you doing here?"

    Katherine sighed. "I'm looking for Kreacher. Have you seen him?"

    "No," Phineus answered. "Most times, I'm not here, but when I am here, Kreacher doesn't come into the room."

    "He wouldn't leave the house, would he?" Katherine asked.

    "I doubt it," Phineus said while shaking his head. "Kreacher wouldn't leave the painting of Walburga. He has this weird bond with her."

    Katherine slowly nodded her head. "Well, do you have any idea where he could be?"

    "Maybe in his room," he replied.

    "Alright, thank you, Phineus," Katherine said.

    "Anytime," Phineus nodded his head and disappeared.

    Katherine sighed and walked out of the room. She went to Kreacher's nook but didn't find him there. Every room showed no sign of Kreacher. Katherine decided to go to the kitchen and try to find some edible food. Unfortunately, all the food was rotten.