Chapter 29

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

It was Christmas Day. Arthur had returned in a wheelchair; he had bandages wrapped around his injuries, but other than that, he looked good. Molly was ecstatic that her husband was back. Katherine was spending girl time with Hermione and Ginny. The girls were gossiping about boys. Hermione said she and Viktor Krum still wrote to each other, but she insisted that she didn't like him. Hermione said she had her eye on someone else.

    Ginny and Katherine looked at each other, knowing who she was talking about. It was Ron. The way Hermione always looked at him told the girl everything. Katherine smirked at the fact that Ron had a crush on her as well. It was evident to everyone except them. Now it was Ginny's turn to talk. She told the girls about Micheal Corner. The way she spoke about the Ravenclaw was telling about her feelings toward him. Ginny had no emotional connection with Micheal; she didn't like him.

    Suddenly two cracks sounded in the room. Because Katherine was sitting at the edge of the bed, she fell when she jumped from the loud noises. The girls started to laugh along with two low-pitch laughs. Katherine recognized the low laughs as Fred and George. Katherine growled as she shot up and lunged at the twins. George moved out of the way, leaving Fred to take the attack. Katherine pushed him on the bed and started to slap him around (playfully, of course).

    "How do you like that, huh!" Katherine yelled while messing up Fred's hair.

    "Get off!" Fred cried. He tried to lift her off of him, but Ginny held his hands down. She was enjoying her brother getting his own medicine.

    "What's goi—" The group all froze when Sirius walked through the door. Sirius started to laugh when he saw the teenagers' faces turn red. He continued laughing as he walked out of the room. Katherine got off of Fred. George went to kiss her, but Katherine swerved him.

    "Hey!" George whined.

    "That's what you get for scaring me," Katherine slightly smirked.

    "What'd you come in here for anyway?" Ginny asked.

    "Just wanted to warn you not to go downstairs," George sighed, sitting on the bed. George pulled Katherine to his lap, causing her to hit him lightly.

    "Why?" Hermione questioned.

    "Mum's crying again," Fred said heavily. "Percy sent back his Christmas jumper."

    "Without a note," George added. "Hasn't asked how Dad is or visited him or anything..."

    "We tried to comfort her," Fred said. "Told her Percy's nothing more than a humongous pile of rat droppings—"

    "—didn't work," George finished. "So Lupin took over. Best let him cheer up before we go down for breakfast, I reckon."

    "Where are Ron and Harry?" Hermione asked.