Chapter 35

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine groggily opened her eyes. She looked around and saw she was in the Burrow. Instantly, the memories of everything rushed back. Sirius dead, Alden poisoning her mother, but what about Harry?  Katherine uncovered herself and ran upstairs. She didn't care if her head was spinning; she needed to know that Harry was okay. Mrs. Weasley and the twins, who were downstairs, heard the stomping and looked to see Katherine.

    "Where's Harry?" Katherine immediately asked. "Is he okay?"

    "Harry is fine," Mrs. Weasley said. She walked over to the distraught girl and pulled her in for a hug. "He's at Hogwarts with Ron and Hermione."

    "Tonks," Katherine separated herself. She didn't want to be touched; she needed space. "Is Tonks dead?"

    "No, she's fine as well," Molly sighed.

    George got up and walked towards Katherine. He reached for her hand, but she pulled away. George looked at her with sad eyes, but she wasn't looking at him or anyone.

     Katherine felt a sudden urge to go to Grimmauld Place, so she apparated, leaving the Weasleys.

    Katherine landed in the kitchen. It was empty and quiet, so different from the last time she was there. At Christmas, the house was filled with noise and joy. Sirius was sitting at the head of the table, laughing at a joke the twins made. Sirius was gone. He was gone. It finally sunk into Katherine's brain.

    The girl fell to her knees and wailed, so loud it could've woken up the portrait of Walburga Black. The door creaked open, revealing Kreacher. He walked up to Katherine and stood in front of her. Katherine looked at the blurry image of feet. She turned her head up and glared at the House-elf.

    "You!" Katherine raised her voice. "This is your fault! Sirius is dead because of you! If you had told Harry the truth, he would still be here!"

    "Master Sirius mistreated Kreacher," the House-elf simply said.

    "I was nice to you! I treated you like a person!" Katherine's tone changed from angry to sad.

    "But Master Sirius was not," Kreacher said. "Kreacher is sorry if Mistress Katherine feels sad."

    With that, the House-elf walked away. Katherine slowly got up with the support of a chair and started to wander around. She went to her father's bedroom first. The newspaper articles taunted her. It seemed as if they bragged about all the killings Voldemort and his Death Eaters had done. Katherine's anger got the best of her. She tore every piece of paper off the walls in a fit of rage. She took a look at the picture of her Dad in his quidditch robes before walking out.

    The room next to his was slightly bigger and contrasted the color scheme in Regulus' room. Gold and maroon banners were hung on the walls as well as Muggle bikini models. This had to be Sirius' room. Katherine walked to the big dresser with a mirror behind it. Pictures were placed on the wooden dresser. One was of James, Sirius, and Remus. Another had Sirius and Marlene happily laughing. The last one was Sirius and Regulus.