Chapter 65

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

A couple of days passed since Kreacher left to find Mundungus Fletcher. Katherine couldn't help but worry. Thankfully, Hermione kept her fears at bay with assurances of Kreacher's safety. Hermione would remind her how sneaky Mundungus could be and that finding him might be tricky. Katherine constantly thanked Hermione for her kindness. Hermione would always reply with a tight hug.

    Two days into Kreacher's absence, two cloaked men appeared in the square outside the house. They remained in their place for the whole night, gazing at the house they couldn't see. Katherine checked the window every hour to see if they went away or not. To her dismay, they never did. Harried, Hermione, Ron, and Katherine conversed about the men while peering out the drawing-room window.

    "Death Eaters for sure," Ron said. "Reckon they know we're in here?"

    "I don't think so," Hermione said. "They'd have sent Snape in after us, wouldn't they?"

    "D'you reckon he's been in here and had his tongue tied by Moody's curse?" Ron asked.

    "Oh, definitely," Katherine said. "Otherwise, he'd have been able to tell that lot how to get in."

    Ron began to play with his deluminator he got from Dumbledore as Harry and Hermione talked. Hermione got annoyed and asked Ron to stop. The two began to argue about the things they got from Dumbledore's will. Katherine and Harry slipped out of the room, not wanting to hear the bickering.

    Suddenly, a tap was heard from the outside. Harry and Katherine got their wands out and moved to the shadows. The door opened, and they saw a cloaked figure take a step inside. The dist figure started to rise.

    "Severus Snape?"

    "It was not I who killed you, Albus," a quiet voice spoke.

    The jinx broke, causing the dust figure to explode. Katherine tried to see who this person was, but she couldn't make out their face. Harry and Katherine pointed their wand, with Harry yelling at the person.

    "Don't move!"

    The portrait of Walburga Black began to scream as the curtains swung open. She spewed her usual insults. Ron and Hermione ran to Katherine and Harry, pointing their wands at the mystery figure.

    "Hold your fire, it's me, Remus!"

    "Oh, thank goodness," Hermione sighed. She pointed her wand to the screaming portrait and shut her up with a spell. Katherine, Ron, and Hermione lowered their wand, but Harry didn't.

    "Show yourself!" Harry yelled. Remus walked out of the shadows with his hands up in a surrendering manner.

    Katherine chuckled and hugged Remus, with the rest following her lead. Remus began to tell the group what happened after they disapparated from the Burrow. The Death Eaters searched every inch of the house and believed the Weasleys when they said Ron was sick. Like Arthur's Patronus said, no one was killed, but people were hurt. Dedalus Diggle's house was burnt down, and Tonks' family was tortured.