Chapter 19

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine took deep breaths as she walked from the infirmary to the Hufflepuff common room. Tonight she went through her last detention with Umbridge. The newly wrapped bandage was already turning red from the blood that seeped through the material. Katherine still hadn't told anyone about the torture she was going through. If anyone asked, she told them she accidentally cut herself. Katherine started to unwrap the bandage, wanting to see what the scars looked like. She gasped at her hand. It was bruised, and the writing was so deep into her skin.

"Hey love, how was your detention with Umbitch?" She knew that voice; it was George.

"Oh, same old, same old," Katherine nervously replied, hiding her hand behind her back. George furrowed his eyebrows at her sudden actions.

"What are you hiding?" George stepped closer with an unknowing smile, making Katherine step back.

"Nothing," Katherine said quickly.

"Yeah right," George said to himself, lunging towards his girlfriend and grabbed her arm. He lifted her hand and gaped at the sight of her hand. "What the hell is this?"

"My punishment for talking back to Umbridge," Katherine mumbled. George's face started to get red. He put his thumb over Katherine's hand, causing her to jump.

"Why didn't you tell me?" George asked sternly.

"I didn't want to bother you," Katherine looked at her feet, not wanting to meet George's furious gaze.

"Damn it, Katherine! How many times do I have to tell you this! You could never bother me!" George started to raise his voice.

"I'm sorry," Katherine shyly said. George sighed when he saw how upset she was. The redhead made his signature move, grabbed her chin, and lifted her head, so she made eye contact with him.

"Katherine, I am your boyfriend. You have to tell me stuff," George sighed. "You have to promise to tell me stuff from now on."

"I promise George," His chocolate eyes gazed into her grey irises. "I love you so much."

"I love you more," George smiled.

"Never!" Katherine laughed as she wrapped her hand.

"I'm gonna get Umbitch back," George's eyes narrowed at the thought of the professor.

"Please do!" Katherine giggled. "Give her a Nosebleed Nougat!"

<><><>

A month passed, with Katherine keeping her head down when Professor Umbridge passed. Katherine was getting ready for a date with George. The night before, the Hufflepuff picked out a pair of mom jeans, with a pink skin-tight T-shirt that was going to be tucked into her jeans, and a couple of converse sneakers. Katherine straightened her hair and applied mascara with lipgloss.