Chapter Fourteen

RILEE POV

The sun was setting by the time I decided to leave the studio. I'd spent the day taking my personal pictures of some scenery down by the lake then came here to edit. If I had a space at home, it would've been more convenient for me.

Gently placing my stuff in the back seat, I got in and drove to the cafe. I was in need of some pastries. The evening crowd was quiet and relaxing for the most part. I spotted Kaiden behind the counter, leaning over and chatting with some girls.

"Hey, mom wanted to know if you got that rash problem fixed? You know, the one on your tushie." I spoke loud enough for the two girls to hear.

Kaiden's face turned beet red and he stared at me wide eyed. "Rilee! She's
kidding." He turned to the two girls who stepped back.

"I'm really not. I've seen it." I made a hand gesture indicating how big the rash was.

The girls scrunched their faces up in disgust and left.

"Why?" Kaiden huffed.

I shrugged. "Can I have some croissants, cupcakes and macarons? Three of each." I smiled sweetly at the tall guy.

With a roll of his eyes, he took out my stuff. "Why three?"

"Quinn usually eats two." I simply said. "Speaking of, have you seen her today?"

I hadn't seen the girl since yesterday morning after I asked about her shoes. By the time I went to bed she still hadn't come home or answered my texts. This morning she even left before I woke up, leaving the dinner I left for her untouched. I knew she came home because around midnight I heard the bathroom door opening and closing.

"Oh, not since yesterday when I came over." He handed me the pastries. I nodded and tried to pay. "Really? You're paying?" Kaiden smirked.

"Just take it." I groaned.

"Naw, keep your money. I'd feel bad for taking it."

"You're cute, baby Kai."

"Quit calling me that in public." He whisper yelled.

"Bye, baby Kai." I yelled on my way out.

The short drive to the apartment had me worrying about Quinn. If Kaiden didn't see her at the cafe, where did she eat? Unless she went in when he wasn't there. That was probably it or Miss Nina gave her something. But then I remembered she wasn't at the flower shop, she's landscaping someone's backyard. I groaned out, she was a big girl that can handle herself and was more than capable of getting something to eat.

I opened the door and walked in, locking it behind me. Quinn wasn't here and that only increased my worry. She's always home before I am and today I came home later than usual. I put away my stuff and took a quick shower. I put on shorts and a t-shirt that was a size too small for me, tied my hair up and got started on dinner.

A simple pasta should suffice.

I waited a bit to see if she'd come but by 8pm, I gave up. My stomach growling wasn't helping, so I stood at the kitchen counter and ate. I had just finished my plate and put her covered plate on the table when the front door opened.

I stood there waiting to see her round the corner. When she did, it was a different Quinn. Her coverall hung off her waist, a dirt filled vest that showed off the muscles I recently discovered, a red wing laceless boots on her feet and her hair tied in a low ponytail. Her skin had tanned because of the sun and the mud on her made her look...fucking sexy.

"Hi." She spoke.

"H-hey." I cleared my throat and looked away.

Fucking creep.