Chapter Forty Six

RILEE POV

Placing the plate of food on Quinn's spot at the table, I covered it and poured her orange juice. I walked back to the room, sat down and moved away the hair that fell over her forehead.

Quinn's face scrunched up at my touch but she stayed sleeping, only gravitating closer to where I sat. A strong, slightly veiny arm wrapped around my waist as her head found my lap. Smiling softly, I threaded my fingers through the thick raven hair. I allowed my heart it's desire to be with the sleeping beauty a while longer before leaving for work, knowing my workload would be hectic this week.

"Quinbee, I'm leaving." I whispered, wanting her to know but fearing I'd disturb her sleep.

She mumbled something incoherently in reply, her face finding my stomach. After gently placing her head on the pillow, I wrote a note and left for work.

I went through my day without much thought, keeping busy and glancing at a certain brunette who made it her second job to avoid me. Ava was one of the best models, graceful, elegant and hardworking. The girl was kind and strong willed but I noticed some anger too. Just like Quinn did, I waited until she was ready to finally make a move.

During the weeks I didn't fail to see the growing conversation between her and my best friend. I'd be worried but then there were times when Kaiden would visit our locations and the three would be together. My worries turned into being confused.

When my phone went off again, I finally checked it after getting a chance to. I had two missed calls from Quinn and a text from a new client. We were meeting later on today. I dialled my girl's number and waited.

"So, I did something." She answered me with.

"Hello to you too." I chuckled.

"Sorry, hi. I did something."

"What did you do, sweetheart?"

"Well, I woke up and found your note. I ate my breakfast, thank you by the way angel, and then went to the gym. When I came back home, I started thinking about all the things you do for me and I wanted to do something for you. So, I did it and you'll see it when you get home. Then I wanted to do my laundry and I thought about doing yours too but I wasn't sure, because you have your sexy stuff in there. Buuuut then I figured I see you naked," she whispered the last few words. "So I did your laundry and I may have turned your whites pink because I left my red boxers in there." My adorable girlfriend rambled out.

"Hmm, I see. Is that it?" I asked softly, noticing Sadie approaching.

"Yes, are you mad?" She asked nervously.

"Of course not, sweetheart. I appreciate the effort and I can buy more."

"Okay, Ry. I'll buy them and I can't wait for you to see what I did." Excitement could be heard now.

"Me too. I have to go now, I'm almost done here and after I'm meeting with a client. I'll be home then." I informed her, rolling my eyes at my best friend who did some weird facial expressions.

"Alright. I'm inlove with you." She murmured, somewhat sheepishly.

"I'm inlove with you too, baby." I hung up and swatted at Sadie. "Stop that." I grumbled when she kept pinching my cheek.