AsaNoya

(A/N This chapter was based on this beautiful work of art- here's the link to it on Pinterest: https://pin.it/5SJy8rA )

-3rd P.O.V-

The boys' volleyball team for Karasuno High School was having a quick match between its teammates before practice ended. It was Yamaguchi's serve.

He sent the ball up in the air before boosting it across the court. It sailed through the air, closing in on the team's libero, who was watching it closely.

"I got it!" he yelled. Quickly setting himself in the path of the ball, he sent it back up into the air, this time in the direction of the setter. Nishinoya gave the first-year a mental round of applause. His serves were getting better. Even if he didn't show it, it was getting harder for him to reach the ball when it was hit his way.

Sugawara got underneath the ball and quickly surveyed the court. After a split second decision, he sent it to Narita. Narita made his approach and spiked the ball. It made its way past the other half of Karasuno's blockers, but not without getting touched by Tsukishima's hand.

"One touch!" he yelled. On the other side, Daichi saw the trajectory of the object.

"I got it!" he responded. "But it's long!" The volleyball soared back to Nishinoya's side of the court.

"Chance ball!" shouted the libero. He received it, but it went in the direction of the ace. "Asahi!"

The third-year saw the ball come his way. Making his approach, he jumped up and aimed to spike it down. However, he didn't notice how much strain had been being put on his hair tie.

Nishinoya watched as the elastic string snapped while Asahi was in mid-air, causing his long hair to flow down.

He was frozen. He couldn't move. He might've forgotten how to breathe for a second. He looked like... like a goddess! No, wait. That's not right... like a god! Noya swore that he could feel the warm sunlight from the gorgeous man that was his ace radiating onto him.

Unfortunately, he was so caught up in his daze that he didn't notice that the ball had been received on the other side, put into a quick attack by Kageyama, and was headed straight towards his face, courtesy of Hinata. The impact of the projectile knocked him both out of his trance and onto the floor.

Everything was a bit fuzzy, but Noya could hear frantic voices approaching him.

"Noya-san! Noya-san, are you alright?!" He recognized it to be Hinata. He sat up and rubbed his face. His cheek was hurting a bit, but other than that he felt fine.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm oka-" Nishinoya stopped mid sentence. As he looked up, he thought he saw the face of God.

But no, again, it was just Asahi. His hair had fallen into his face a little bit, and a few beads of sweat were dripping down his forehead. He felt his face start to heat up and he froze again, his mind trying to comprehend the spiker's beauty.

The ace looked at Noya worriedly. "Nishi, are you okay?! You got hit pretty hard- What- is that- Oh god, you're nose is bleeding! Uh- can someone get a tissue please?! Noya, how many fingers am I holding up?!"

"Attractive..."

"Uh- guys, I think he has a concussion!"

-

A/N
I'm on a vacation😎
The school year is finally done and I swear I couldn't be happier 😭
This was a pretty short chapter, but I saw that image (at the top) on Pinterest and my mind kinda just started to think of a one-shot to go along with it :,)

Word count: 619