Marie

-Continuation of FLASHBACK-

Erwin and Y/N had become the dynamic duo during their Training years. Famous for coming up with amazing strategies together and bringing peace and laughter among their peers.

There was constant flirting between the two and it was very evident that there were feelings involved. Not to mention a few nights that ended in intimacy with one another, but yet neither had faced the other to express their feelings.

Y/N was very much in love with Erwin and Erwin knew it. Y/N had no doubt the way she felt, she was sure of it, but decided to keep quiet. She didn't want to ruin and pressure Erwin into something he might not be interested in, although his actions looked like he wanted to.

For Erwin, it was a bit more complicated than that. Yes, he had come to the realization that he had fallen for the young female and her way of being. So what was the problem? Erwin was in love with Y/N and the way she acted, because she was just like her. Just like Marie, his first and only love.

Marie, the ginger, curvy, gold-hearted waitress that stole his heart at the saloon. She looked nothing like Y/N, but they both carried that contagious smile with bright eyes. Very caring natured women with a sense of humor that could lift up any spirits.

He tried his best to ignore the thought of Marie and just focus on Y/N, but it always seemed impossible. He became blinded. He didn't see Y/N when they kiss or when they did basically anything because Everything she did, he came out with the same thought.

Marie

 Years went on and soon Erwin and Y/N were soldiers in the Scout Regiment. And as the years went on, the feelings were never confronted, until things changed.

Erwin and Y/N both now earned their well earned Captain status, thanks to their phenomenal team work skills and strategies.

They were so close to their ultimate goal In life. And that was the one goal that separated Y/N from Marie. 

Marie was the type of woman who's goal was to get married, settle down and have children. Y/N was the opposite. Y/N didn't want to settle down, she didn't want children. No, her goal in life was to lead humanity to victory and explore the outside world. And that goal only made Y/N more attractive to Erwin, for that was his only goal in life as well. 

That was the goal that cut Erwin and Maries relationship, when Erwin decided to leave her and choose the titans over her. And that was the goal that made Erwin bond with Y/N instantly when he had asked her what her goal in life was. He remembered vividly the way they both express their wants to become Commander of the regiment and be able to choose the courses of action from then on. He remembered the way they both agreed that they'd be happy if it came to be one of them to every reach that ultimate position in life and promised to help one another.

Erwin and Y/N were currently in Y/N's office. Erwin laid his head on Y/N's lap as he laid on her couch. Y/N ran her fingers through Erwin's hair lightly as the other hand read over an important document they were in charge of.

"So did our plan work?"

"Plan? You mean my charm" she smirked down at him.

Erwin hummed in response, enjoying the free scalp message.

"I've manage to talk to him and form some type of mutual respect with him.. I must say Erwin, you definitely hit the ceiling with this one, I like him. He may be a scary thing, but he definitely has a great sense of determination in what he does"

"I agree with you, his determination for obtaining this document really is a sight to see. I only truly hope this plan of ours works out and we end up keeping him."

"please you make him sound like he's a pet Erwin. Levi is a free-willed person who will do as he pleases no amount of planning and strategizing will result us with what we want, this is up to him...but yes, I will agree to a certain extent, I'd like for him to stay. He looks like someone I'd wanna be acquainted with"

"......"

"What?"

"Acquainted?"

"Yeah...acquainted. Is there something funny about that?" Y/N asked, seeing a smirk grow on Erwins face.

"Who talks like an old man now" he grinned.

"Oh shut it Erwin, stick it up your ass" she said as she pushed Erwin's head off her lap.

Although the plan was definitely a brutal plan, the favors were in their way and Levi had decided to stay into the Scout Regiment after the loss of his friends and the loss of gaining the document he came for in the first place.

They had manage to gain Humanities Strongest, and it pleased Shadis as he heard the news. He called for Erwin and Y/N and thanked them for another successful, brilliant plan. Not only did he thank them, but he rewarded them with the next step that will take them only one step away from their final goal.

Shadis rewarded both Erwin and Y/N with an Advisor title. They were higher rank than Captains and served right under the commander. With them added, they were 5 total advisors working under the commander and when the time for retirement comes, Shadis will pick one of the 5 advisors to serve as the new commander for the scouts. 

As they exited Shadis' office with big smiles on their faces, Erwin couldn't help himself.  Erwin grabbed Y/N's face and pulled her into a deep kiss and Y/N melted into it. Her arms wrapped around Erwin's neck and her heart beat with so much content until those words slipped out of his mouth.

" We did it Marie"