Last Night

WARNING: A BIT OF LEMON

"I'm stuffed" said Connie as he rubbed his bloated belly.

He looked over to Sasha who was still eating, already on her fifth plate. Each bite, a groan or a moan escaped her lips as she savored the juicy boar meat along with some potatoes and veggies.

"Dam, easy Sasha!"

"Can't, too good" she muffled.

Her eyes never left the plate in front of her, focusing all her attention on it.

You look down at your lap and you see a sleeping Jean, sleeping soundly and stuffed from the food he just ate. You smiled down at him as you caressed his hair.

Your eyes stayed glued on him as your mind began to wander off.

It was officially the night before the Expedition.

At first it felt like nothing to you, just a regular everyday type expedition, but there was some strange pit in your stomach. Something definitely felt off and for some reason you felt like crying. You had no reason to, but a release of raw emotion was being asked of you.

Maybe it has to do with my nerves. I am leading after all.

"Hey Marco" you whispered 

Marco turned around from his conversation and smiled at you sweetly.

"Um can you look after him?  If he gets up tell him I said to take his ass to bed he has to get up early"

"Sure thing Y/N" Marco said.

You sent him a gratitude smile and quietly rose from your seat and headed outside of the mess hall. Your feet wandered off and you found yourself outside. You took a deep breathe, making your chest feel heavier.

The grass made soft crunching noises as you walked on it. You spotted the reflection of the moon and you smiled. This was your destination, this is where you wanted to be.

You didn't bother to lay down your jacket. You just sat on the wet grass as you stared out at the pond. You closed your eyes trying to smell a hint of salt, wishing for a second that if you opened your eyes the ocean would appear in front of you. But all you managed to smell was the wet grass.

You stood from your spot and walked to the pond. You squatted down as your hand dipped itself into the water. You waved your hand around trying to catch the moon and stars that laid on the water's surface. You watched as ripples formed from your waving movements.

So pretty.

You smiled down at the water and to your surprise you watched a tear drop fall into the water. You blinked a few times not understanding where it came from. You touched your face lightly, finding tears quietly falling down your face.

"What's wrong with me" you whispered.

Using your sleeve you wiped the tears away from your eyes. You let out a sigh as you tried to relax yourself. 

The pond looked so beautiful tonight. The sky had basically merged with the water, gifting you thousands of stars. You felt your hands enter the cold water again, wanting to dance with them.

What started off as just your hand dipped in the water, turned into your full length arm until you found yourself floating on your back staring up at sky. The coldness that hugged your entire body felt numb as you were awe strucked by the whole feeling new sensation.

The feeling of free floating in the water felt incredible, you felt light and delicate as your eyes took in the sky in front of you. It felt as if you were laying among the stars.