Rain Terror

"Alright let's go! Hustle ladies we ain't got all day!" called out Levi.

You and Levi rode on horses as you followed the cadets. The rain had started pouring and you both agreed it was time to head back before things took a turn. 

"Keep Moving Arlert!" yelled Levi from behind

He galloped passed Armin who struggled to keep up with the rest of the group. 

"Yes Sir!"

He pushed harder through the wet mud trying to catch up. His breathing was unsteady as his legs began to burn and ache. He felt his legs began to wobble underneath him, starting to give up on him. 

The rain began pouring down harder on the cadets. The wetness added more weight onto their backpacks and clothing, slowing them down. Armin felt his willpower evaporating. He pushed himself harder as his eyes set on the cadets that began to farther themselves from him. Unaware of his surroundings, he tripped over a tree root and landed himself into the wet soil.

Counting heads, you notice the blonde boy missing. You turned your horse to look back from where you came from, but all you could see was thick fog. You couldn't make out anything. You looked over to Levi who was in the front looking over the rest of the cadets, yelling at them to hurry up.

You had no choice.

You set your horse off and turned, going back to look for Armin. 

Your eyes squinted trying to look for his figure through the fog, but nothing came about. 

The wind started picking up speed now, blowing cold rain into your face. Mother Nature was clearly starting to act up and If you stayed out any longer, you were sure to find yourself sick.

You continue galloping around trying to look for the boy. It's been half an hour and you still had no luck. You were now running on fumes. Your nose began to run and your face was ice cold. You began shivering from your now drench uniform and hair. If you were barely handling this weather, you didn't want to imagine Armin's current state. That poor boy.

Shit. Where is he?

 The cadets should be back inside HQ by now. This is too much for him.

The sound of thunder erupted through the sky, starling your horse. He lifted his front legs off the ground in sheer panic as he let out a loud neigh that pierced your ears. You held onto the reins tightly, trying not to fall back. You began to coo the horse, petting it to calm itself.

Managing to calm down the startled animal, you convinced it to slowly start moving again.

An hour now past and fear started to set as your search was still leading to no where. There was simply still no sign of Armin bring present. He must have seriously injured himself or gotten sick from the awful weather. 

A sound of rumbling was heard echoing around you as it caught up to you. It was a clear sign that lighting was about to strike down at any minute any where near by.

Your eyes widen.

Armin!

"GO! GO!" You yelled at your horse to pick up speed.

Terror pained your heart at the thought of finding a crushed Armin, wedged underneath a tree from a lightning strike. 

 Your horse galloped fast at your command and entered a muddy area where the cadets had passed by. A bright light of lighting blinded you as it came crashing down onto a tree near by. You covered your eyes, shielding yourself until you were able to adjust to the powerful light. You felt your body jolt up as you were able to make out a figure in the distance from the light.