Progress

You and Shadis spoke as you tried to come up with a course for the cadets. A list of groups were made and who would lead them. Erwin offered to help, but Shadis waved him off stating that you thought of the plan so you deserve to work on it yourself to make it the way you like it. Erwin muttered under his breathe as he left to his office, to try to come up with a better plan than yours.

You walked outside with Shadis continuing the conversation when a group of cadets came up to you.

"Advisor Y/N, Commander Shadis" they saluted. 

"You're suppose to greet the Commander first you knuckle heads" you said smiling at them.

"Forgive us Commander Shadis" one of the cadets said bowing to him.

"It's alright carry on"  he said.

"Advisor Y/N, there's something really important we want to show you" they said smiling at you.

"Can we wait when I finish speaking to Commander Shadis?"

"But the ice is gonna melt" one of them whined. 

"Oh Ice? May I tag along to see" Shadis said eyeing you.

"Of course, I'm sure it's nothing bad"

I hope.

"Well come on" 

The cadets led you and Shadis to the outside tables that were under the shade. Your eyes widen as you see your whole group of cadets waiting for you along with the four hooligans and Levi. You look at the table and see a large container and with some food.

"Surprise!" they yelled.

"Uh what's all this for?" you said looking at them astonished.

"We want to thank you for taking such good care of us!"

"Yeah! You and Levi were so thoughtful for making us a drink on such a hot day!"

"Aww you're so sweet" you said gushing.

 "Advisor L/N, what are they talking about?"

You turned around to find a confused Shadis.

"Well sir, the day you thought I left my soldiers behind, I actually left them under the care of an advisor while I ran to make them some ice tea since it was so hot. I was afraid they were gonna faint and I also felt bad for arriving a bit late" you said scratching the back of your neck.

"So you didn't leave them unattended?"

"No sir"

"You left to make them a drink because you were worried for your soldiers?"

"Yes, sir" you said shyly.

He closed his eyes as he took a big breathe and exhaled. He stook out his hand to you.

"Then allow me to deeply apologize for not allowing you to explain yourself. I shouldn't have believed it in the first place, it was something that was very out of your character and yet I took the liberty of believing it. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding" he thought back to Erwin's words.

He was sure Erwin meant not harm to you when he spoke about you. He was just stating what he thought he saw. After all Erwin and you were the infamous best friends, an official couple now and Shadis knew how much you both meant to one another, always wishing each other success. 

You looked down at his hand not believing the Commander himself was apologizing to you. You gave him a cheery smile as you aggressively shook his hand out of pure joy.