Second Choice

Mikasa and Jean reach the stables back from their day out. 

"Hey, thanks for allowing me to tag along" said Mikasa grabbing her things.

"Sure" said Jean.

He grabbed his own stuff and started walking inside, Mikasa tagged along by him as they both enter HQ together, walking down the halls.

"Your mom seems sweet" she said.

"She is"

"Seems as if she was looking forward to meeting someone"

She turned to him. Jean didn't turn to her, he just kept looking forward as he walked down the hall.

"She was, but it doesn't matter now" 

Mikasa held her scarf as she began facing forward again. Her eyes casting down to to the wooden floors.

"Was it me? Did you tell her about us?"

"No, nothing to do with you. She was just excited to see a familiar face again"

"Familiar face again? Oh Marco?!"

"No, Y/N"

Mikasa scrunched her eyebrows.

"Advisor Y/N has meet your mom before?"

Jean gave her a nod, already tired of conversing with Mikasa. He just wanted to hurry up, get his omelet on and head to see you. It was not considered a successful free day, if he didn't get to spend his time with the person he loved the most.

"Really? How?! She seemed so excited to see her. Are they long time friends?" 

She placed her finger on her chin as she thought out loud,

 "But Y/N seems so young to be friends with her. Maybe her mother and yours are friends?"

"No, Mikasa. Y/N just happened to shop at her stand. My mom instantly loved her and has asked about her her since."

"Does she know she's your Advisor?"

Jean began growing annoyed with the amount of questions being asked.

For being quiet and reserved, she sure asks a lot of questions. 

"Yes. She knows everything"

"How sweet, I always knew you were a momma's boy" she laughed.

For some strange reason the word momma's boy coming out of Mikasa's mouth felt sour and bitter to Jean. He grew a bit offended, annoyed. The only one he's enjoyed hearing them call him that was you.

"Sure" he replied, not even interested any more.

"And how do you feel knowing your mom's in love with your Advisor" 

"I'm happy she likes her, means I choose the right one"

Mikasa stopped in her tracks blinking vividly. Her mouth opened to speak, but nothing came out. Jean stopped walking and turned to her, raising a brow.

"You good?" not really caring, it was just a sense of courtesy to ask.

"So you and-...Since when"

"What does it matter to you."

"I-I..You're right. Um, I'm happy for you I guess" she gave him a small smile.

Jean looked at her with dead eyes, looking bored of the situation.

"Thanks" he turned and resumed walking.

Mikasa started walking along side Jean quietly, still taking in the news.