Signatures & Fingerprints

"By the walls" you muttered staring back at your reflection.

Your hair was all over the place, flying around. You carried eye bags under your eyes, illustrating the lack of sleep. Nether less, you had to get up and finish the work from last night. You looked over at Jean who was still in bed.

A memory of him the first night when he came crying to you flashed in your head as he was in the same pose as that time, hugging a pillow thinking it was you. You watched as he buried himself deep into it. 

Dam, the pillow scent must be really doing it for him.

You slowly tiptoed out of the room and headed to your office. You shut the door quietly and began walking over to your desk. You stood looking at a cleared desk in front of you. You placed your hands on your hips.

Where the fuck is my work?

You bend down and began opening your drawers from your desk, desperation grew as your papers were no where to be found.

How the actual fuck do I manage to loose that many papers?! This isn't possible!

You slammed one of the drawers aggressively, starting to get pissed off at the situation. The sound of a door opening drew your attention.

"Morning" said the all too famous monotone voice.

You stood from your bent position to find Levi standing in your office.

"what are you doing here? it's 4 in the morning?"

"Came to drop this off" 

You looked down at the papers he was handing you. Your eyes burned as you realized they were your work papers, all completely done.

"It's done, just needs some signatures" he said as you still looked at the papers in disbelief.

"Did Kirstein make you do this?! Does he not know how much work you have yourself?"

You began to ramble, upset.

"Relax, he's a good kid. He was just worried you were overworking yourself and I agreed. Plus, I had no work due today nor tomorrow so why not lend you a hand, you've done it for me countless times before, even though I've told you not to"

"But-"

"Enough it's already done. Take it"

You took the papers. A wave of relaxation washed over you.

"Any way I can make it up to you?" you asked

Levi waved you off.

"No, your fee is already paid"

A evil smile grew on his face.

"What did he offer?"

"1 Month of Stable duty" 

"Nice enough for you to let him work with his brothers" you smirked.

You both let out a quiet laugh, trying not to wake Jean next door. Levi began heading for the door.

"Oi!" you called out

You put on your best monotone face as Levi looked at you.

"Don't start acting like an imbecile and knock before you enter next time. Don't you have manners" you mocked.

Levi scoffed, "Was that suppose to be me"

"Pretty good huh"

"That shit was awful"