Unfit

"Shut up you're gonna get us caught with your heavy ass footsteps" you whispered.

"I'm trying" Erwin said as you and him tip toed down the hallway.

Stepping on a loose board, Erwin caused a creak to echo out. You both froze in the dark eerie hallway waiting to see if anyone heard.

"Dam it Erwin" 

"Sorry, keep going we're almost there" he said pushing you forward. 

You both silently cheered as you found yourselves at the front of Erwins door, undetected.

"You can stay over if you want" he whispered to you.

"No, it's okay. I have to be up early tomorrow thank you though"

"Alright, don't get caught" he said as he leaned down to peck your lips.

You gave him a nod and disappeared in the dark. Tip toeing down the hallway you stopped to admire the moon. You turn your attention back to the hallway right when you caught a glimpse of something swiftly passing by. You stood contemplated wether you should risk it and see who it is or safely go back to your room.

fuck it

You quietly sprinted down the hallway after the figure. You notice the side exit of the building just closed. You quietly creeped out of the building and into the night. Walking down the dirt road you noticed a figure walking towards an empty shed on the training field.

You saw as the figure looked both ways before opening the shed and entering. You slowly took a breathe preparing yourself for whatever you might find in the shed. In a swift motion you slammed the door opened and jumped in. Your eyes widen as you see the scene in front of you.

"AHA!" you said

"OH SHIT!" said Connie

"Quick hide the meat!" yelled Sasha.

There in the shed sat the four hooligans. They had open liquor bottles and a huge chunk of meat.

"Isn't that the superiors meat?" you asked

"I-I Please let us explain-" cried Sasha.

"Cut me a slice yeah" you said sitting yourself down next to Jean and Marco.

The four looked at each other dumbfounded before they nodded their heads.

"So you're not gonna rat us out ?" asked Jean

"I see no reason to, besides look at my attire don't you think I was out tonight too" you said nudging him.

"Thank you Y/N, your very kind" smiled Marco

"No Problem"

You sat with the four as you began chatting. 

"So what ever happened with Mikasa, Jean. Did you talk to her?" asked Marco.

"Oh he did, but he failed" you replied for him.

"Aww you gotta tell me everything" said Sasha

"No, It's embarrassing enough that Y/N saw that awkward interaction" said Jean.

"Aww come on it wasn't that bad"

"..Yes it was"

You saw as Jean looked away from the group. He had a frown on his face as his eyes glistened. You just couldn't help, but feel bad for him. You placed one of your hands on his shoulder as you gave him a light squeeze.

"Jean, I'd be more than happy to try and help you with Mikasa. Maybe even help you get a date and all"  You said smiling at him.

"Really?" he asked.

"Sure, why not. It sounds like fun"

"Yeah Jean, Mikasa is just like Levi so obviously Y/N has experience with love interests like that" beamed Marco 

You turned to Marco.

"Actually Marco, me and Levi are just close friends"

"Really?!" said Sasha and Connie in unison.

"Yes really" 

"So you and Levi aren't the badass couple?" frowned Sasha.

"No, sorry Sasha, I'm actually with Advisor Erwin"

"YOU MEAN WITH THE FUTURE COMMANDER ERWIN SMITH?!" asked Connie.

"well.. we aren't so sure if he'll be the future commander" you mumbled, feeling a little hurt that everyone assumes Erwin was getting the position of Commander.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S THE BEST PERSON TO FILL THAT SPOT"

"YEAH HIS STRATEGIES ARE NOTHING SHORT OF AMAZING"

"RIGHT! HE'S EVEN GOT THE CHARM!"

"AND THE DICTATORSHIP!"

It wasn't that you felt jealous hearing the four praise Erwin, it was the fact that they didn't even consider the fact to see if anyone else was also in the running for that position. It hurt your feelings that they didn't even think you had what it took to be a commander, bringing your confidence and self esteem down.

A shadow casted over your face as you sat quite listening to them ramble. Having heard enough you stood up and excused yourself and bid them a good night.

Walking in the cold air you began to feel warm tears brimming around your eyes.

Shadis now doubted you for the position. Your friends didn't even consider you. The cadets who spoke with Shadis giving their statements, must believe you were careless, lazy and irresponsible at your job.

 An overall unfit solider to be in a Commander position.