Shelf

You stood with your hands-on your hips as you watched Jean dropped a ton of wood onto the floor. You unrolled the blueprint that sat in your hand and tired your best to study it. You began to frown not understanding the instructions. You twisted it all around but still you had no clue what to do.

Dam, I thought this would be like a map or something.

Jean walked over to you and slid his arms around your waist as he placed his chin on your shoulder and lightly rocked you side to side.

"You almost poked my eye out with that hat of yours" you said moving your head a bit away from him.

"What, you don't like it?"

You turned to look at him and pushed his hat down, "I do, it suits you"

He flashed you a big smile.

You put your eyes back on the blueprint, "Do you understand how to do this?"

Jean scrunched his eyebrows trying to understand the blueprint. He titled his head around trying to find some sort of clue, but just like you, he lucked out

"No, I have no clue" he answered truthfully.

"I thought you would know, big brain" he said as he smooched the side of your head.

"Only a big brain when it comes to strategizing plans and map routes. This is nothing like that" you sighed.

You look down at the wood then over at the tool box. What tools would you even use for this?

You slipped away from Jean as you walked over to the tool box and bent down to examine it. You took out a hammer and nails.

"I mean a shelf is technically just boards nailed together right?"

Jean titled up his hat and scratched his head, "I think so, it's just layers of wood holding things for you"

You stood up and dusted yourself as you walked to him.

"Alright well. I'll be the brain and try to lead you through it and you'll be.."

You squeezed his bicep, "The muscle of the operation, sound good?"

"What other choice do I have" he joked, taking the hammer from your hands.

"Great!"

---

"Umm no Jean-"

"DAM IT I'VE BEEN NAILING THIS SHIT OF WOOD FOR HALF AN HOUR NOW"

You placed your hand over his shoulder.

"Ok you crybaby calm down, why don't you go get us something to drink"

Jean huffed as he stood up and wiped the dirt and dust off him. He pecked your cheek before he disappeared into the Mess Hall. You sprawled the blue print once again on the floor as you tried tilting your hand trying to understand.

"For fucks sake, this can't be that complicated" you muttered.

You ran your hands down your face in irritation. You rolled up the blueprint and just tossed it, not wanting to even look at it anymore.

I can do this shit myself.

You grabbed 2 woods and nailed them together, making an L shape.

"huh!" you exclaimed surprised.

That wasn't so hard.

You nailed all the edges until you created a type of rectangle frame for the shelf. It was a bit wonky and slanted, but it was sturdy.