Chapter 19

I woke up on the floor of the captains quarters, full dressed thankfully.

Rubbing my temples I sat up and looked around, there were bits of various board games strewn around and a table on its side.

If memory severed me Uhura had flipped it over at some point.

She was sleeping hanging off of a chair and the captain was in his bed.

Standing up I walked out into the deserted corridor and turned for my own quarters.

Washing, redressing and pulling my hair out of my way I headed for the bridge deciding to get an early start on some work.

The place was almost empty, the bare minimum people required to run the ship.

Lt. Sulu was still in bed but Chekhov or Pavel as he insisted was up an was attempting to talk to a clearly tired woman sitting by one of the panels.

"Good morning Swarn!" Pavel called over happily, "how vas Vulcan?"

"It exceeded expectations, thank you for asking." I said returning to work.

Sometime later Spock walked in, his hand appeared to be better.

"Show me" I said placing out my hand, Spock complied showing me that his hand had healed.

Of course when he touched me I felt sparks?

I must get to doctor McCoy about that.

"May I?"
"Of course."

Spock preformed the mind meld on me and I feebly attempted to shield all my thoughts off him.

"The captains floor?" He asked raising an eyebrow, "Not my best decision, my judgement was somewhat... clouded" I trailed off.

Morning Uhura!" Pavel called happily.

"Oh shut up." Uhura hissed rubbing her temple with one hand and carrying coffee in the other.
"A hangover, a negative reaction to the consumption of too much alcohol." Spock listed.

"Have fun Nyota!" Doctor McCoy said loudly as he walked on the bridge, laughing and Uhura simply hissed at him laying her head down on the console.
"So you don't want an Ibuprofen?" He said smirking and producing a bottle of pills.
"You get wasted too?" He said turning to me and offering out the small brown bottle.
"Wasted?" I said raising an eyebrow in question, "intoxicated." Spock helped.
"No, I'm perfectly healthy thank you." I said calmly.
"Actually speaking of health, come see me in Med-bay, whenever's convenient really" the doctor said turning back to Nyota. "Give some to Jim!" He shouted at her, smiling as he placed the pills down and walked out.

"You know I can actually feel how content you are right now?" I said raising an eyebrow and turning to face Spock.
"Of course you can, it's called a mental presence."
"Uhura groaned, "your so loud!"
"We are not being loud" I said eyebrow raised.
We really weren't, humans had the tendency to overreact.
"Yes you are!"
"Your being illogical." Spock stated turning back to work.

"Pills. Now" a disheveled captain said walking onto the bridge.