Chapter 22

10k!!

"You play the lute? I would never had guessed." Spock said arching an eyebrow.
"Like wise, we seem to have many things in common."

"I believe on earth, it is customary to end a date with a kiss." he mused.
"Who are we to argue with custom?"
"My thoughts exactly."

And so we ended the date with an earth style kiss, followed by a Vulcan one.

Spock's Pov.

Last night was unforgettable. Literally, I could not remove it from my mind.
The image of us kissing was seared into my memory banks, constantly present on the forefront of my mind.

"What's up with you?" The captain commented dragging me out of unattention.
"I'm just thinking.." I trailed off.
"About" the captain prompted.
"After how many 'dates'" I said using air quotations, "is it appropriate to ask someone to be your girlfriend."

"Banging Uhura are we?" The captain laughed, a green flush filling my cheeks.
"No." I said blankly.
"Well it's three, be safe." the captain said winking.
"I'm not romantically interested in Lieutenant Uhura." I pressed.
"Whatever you say."

I intended to go on this date as soon as possible.

Esha's POV.

Trying to perfect this medicine was turning out illogically hard.
Doctor McCoy was going to have to wait for it. I had caused a negative reaction precisely 6 times now, but I couldn't complain. One of them had led to a very positive experience.

My cheeks flushed green in frustration though I quickly controlled myself as the ensign didn't see.

The lab was currently freezing, well for me at least. The ensign protested that the place was to hot.

Humans were strange creatures.

Getting up and heading to the environmental control panel I heard the ensign across the room call over, "Don't touch that! I'm going to die in here!"
"That's entirely illogical." I said narrowing my eyes slightly.
"Never mind, it's exaggeration. Can you look at these?" The man said waving a sheet of calculations in the air.
Skimming my eyes over his work, something for engineering by the looks of it.
"Your logic is sound but it's to the power of, not cubed." I said circling his mistake and pushing my safety googles down from where they were perched on my head.

After just narrowly missing another bad reaction I began to check over my formula. This was starting to irk me, it took a lot to irk me.

"It's illogically cold in here." Spock said walking in and turning up the heat earning a sigh of exasperation from the ensign.

Spock looked at him in confusion and I held my hand out for a kiss, not looking up from my work, Spock could definitely feel the irritation coming off me.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to my quarters to watch a movie tonight?" He questioned sitting down across from me on a stool.

"Of course." I said looking up briefly.
"Let me look at that." Spock said sliding the paper away from me across the polished white countertop.

"Your putting in to much sodium nitrate." He said sliding it back across, "that's why it keeps exploding."

Looking down at the paper the mistake I was struggling to find before was painstakingly clear now.
"Dr McCoy will be happy to finally get this." I said pushing the googles back down to my face.

"1900 hours, I have food." Spock said to me as he backed out of the lab.

"I'm putting that back down, it's to bloody hot!."