Chapter 42

It's like a plot point and a filler and its tiny and it was hard to write.
Bones

"You did it then I guess?" I said, sitting down at the table in the hipster little joint. Deny it all she wanted that Vulcan was so tumblr it hurt, although today her hair was a mess, as if she had been running her hands through it repeatedly and she looked plain drained.

"Regrettably so." She sighed.
"Are you sure that you made the right decision."
"No I'm not sure, not even in the slightest." She sighed, stirring her tea absently. "But it's best for Spock. He needs someone that's capable of loving him."
"You're capable." I protested.
"No I'm not. It was quite possibly the hardest thing that I have ever had to do in my entire life. But, I had to do it." She reaffirmed and then began to look over the other patrons in that way she gets when she's trying to get into your god damn mind. "Love is such an illogical thing, isn't it? The way it makes people feel and the way it changes people from the person they were. Love makes people weak and weak is something I can't afford to be."
"Love doesn't make people weak." I said quietly.
"She needs him in the way she needs air in her lungs." She said gesturing to a young couple.
"You see, he can bring her to her knees with just one touch, but he doesn't love her. He doesn't need her or rely on her and that dependency on him makes her weak." Her lips pressed into a tight line.

There was a brief silence.

"You can't just come into someone's life, make them feel special and then leave." I sighed.
"Yes you can when its in their best interests."
"What did you say to him?"
"In the end you'll learn to manage without me. In the end you won't take me back." she said, shutting her eyes.