54 | "feud"

⋮♫⋮

The New Directions had practically been a wreck ever since Finn had confessed to Mr. Shue that he kissed Ms. Pillsbury. Sure, a small part of Keilani felt bad for what Mr. Shue had been going through the past couple of weeks and she knew he had a right to be mad with Finn.

But what infuriated her was that he was not only making Finn suffer for his mistake, Mr. Shue was making everyone in the Glee club suffer alongside of him. They could barely make it through a rehearsal without Finn making some sort of miniscule mistake and Mr. Shue blowing up at him as a result.

That day, Keilani and Finn ran in late to rehearsal with trays filled with Lima Bean drinks in their hands. "Sorry we're so late," Finn apologized. "There was such a huge line up at the Lima Bean. Keilani literally went behind the counter and started making the drinks herself. But here's the lattes that Mr. Shue made me get everybody."

Mr. Shue barely took a sip of the coffee when he made a disgusted look. "I asked for two pumps of mocha, Finn. I taste three. Take them all back."

"I made it, and I literally put two pumps of mocha in it," Keilani commented quietly, but that was ignored by Mr. Shue, who was so insistent on getting angry at Finn about something.

"But my caffeine..." Artie said quietly, staring longingly at the large coffee cups that Finn was beginning to take away

Undeterred, Marley and Unique grabbed the trays out of Finn's hands and waited until Mr. Shue had turned them around for a brief second to sneakily hand them out to the New Directions members.

"You two are angels," Keilani whispered. "I'm going to need this if I'm going to get through this hell of a rehearsal."

"How long do you think it's going to be like this?" Unique asked her. "I thought the New Directions were supposed to be fun."

Keilani shrugged and let out an annoyed sigh. "Don't know, but I'm just as over it as you are."

The final straw came a few seconds later when Mr. Shue noticed his signature vests hanging on the wall, having just been picked up from the drycleaners. "I'm sorry, Mr. Shue," Finn began, even though he wasn't entirely sure what he was apologizing for. "All I did was pick up the vests earlier, I didn't–"

"What's upsetting is that you actually think these vests are clean. That it's okay to turn in subpar work."

"That's it, I'm not listening to anymore of this shit," Keilani muttered to herself before standing up and loudly stating, "Alright, New Directions, move out! We're having rehearsal on the stage today."

"Wait, hold on," Mr. Shue interjected as the students began getting out of their seats and gathering near the doorway. They didn't leave just yet, however, as they could sense some drama about to happen between Keilani and Mr. Shue. "You can't just get up and cancel Glee club."