62 | "tina in the sky with diamonds"

⋮♫⋮

No one in the Glee club could focus with Prom being only a few short days away. As they waited for Mr. Shue to arrive at rehearsal, Sam laid sprawled across the piano, and Blaine and Keilani sat next to each other on the piano bench, messing around with each other and playing random notes to make each other laugh.

"So when you two get married, are you going to take his last name or he's going to take yours or..." Sam questioned aloud.

"Maybe you could hyphenate," Keilani suggested.

"Honestly, I'm just relieved that Kurt said yes," Blaine laughed. "But right now, I'm more focused on Prom. Aren't you guys excited? I fell asleep last night while Tina was texting me about her prom dress."

Keilani had already seen the dress when Tina had taken her along for dress shopping, so she hadn't been subject to those same late-night texts. While Keilani loved Tina, she knew that she probably would've been wanting to sleep as well, especially since Tina was known to be an excessive texter.

"I'm crazy excited for prom," She eventually answered with a huge grin as she gestured Sam, who was still laying on top of the piano. "I get to go to prom with this guy three years in a row? Sounds like a dream if you ask me."

"Dances with Lani right here are the best," Sam agreed before admitting, "Though, I don't know, I think it would be really cool to win prom king."

"I just want a Prom night that's as low-drama as possible, especially after these past two years," Blaine said before looking back up the two and asking, "You guys get it, right?"

Sam and Keilani shared a look before shaking their heads. "Lani and I have actually always had pretty good prom nights."

"It pays to be relatively drama-free people," Keilani added with a laugh. Sure, she had always had to help solve some sort of drama regarding Prom, but the drama was never between her and Sam. The two of them had always witnessed all the drama and occasionally tried to mediate it, but for the most part, they just tried to stay out of it and have a fun, mostly stress-free night regardless.

When Mr. Shue stepped up to the front of the room to talk about their theme for the second week of the Beatles, Sam slid off the piano and walked over to the row of chairs with Keilani and Blaine. However, he was quickly interrupted by Principal Sue's voice crackling onto the PA system.

"Attention, McKinley: This year, all the proms are being fused into one giant Brundleprom. And for the moment that will crush 99% of your misguided views about your own popularity...Here are your nominees for Prom King: Blaine Anderson, Mohamed Omar, Artie Abrams, and Stoner Brett. And now onto the Prom Queen nominations...Kitty Wilde, Aimee Ryan, Jordan Stern, and, inexplicably, Tina Cohen-Chang."