briar entered the three broomsticks and saw fred already sitting at a table.

she walked towards the table, feeling guilty she said, "i'm sorry, did i keep you long?"

he looked up and smiled once he saw her, "no, not at all. you look great."

it honestly felt weird hearing fred say that to her, but it wasn't terrible.

"thank you." she blushed, "you look very nice."

he was wearing a light blue button down shirt with khakis and some new looking shoes.

fred went on talking about how much he hates umbridge. briar didn't think this was a good time to acknowledge her detention with the witch.

no one had seemed to notice her hand besides ron.

she had a running bet with herself, how long it would take for someone to notice the cuts engraved in the back of her hand. so far it seemed like it would be a while.

but it wasn't as if she wanted that attention. it just hurt a little bit, how no one really noticed her expect when they wanted to.

she heard fred say something about playing a prank on umbridge to which briar couldn't help but blurt out, "you don't want to be in detention with her. if you got caught you'd be toast."

"ah, it's alright. probably nothing as bad as what snape or filch has me and georgie do."

"just, try not to." she urged. "it's just that, you've already gotten so many detentions, no offense. but now she's high inquisitor i don't even want to know what kind of power she holds now."

fred raised his eyebrow but ultimately laughed, "well, this conversation has taken a dark turn, hasnt it?"

briar forced a laugh, "yeah..."

it was good fred was so outgoing. if he wasn't they would probably be sitting there awkwardly in silence.

fred must have ordered them food and drinks before she got there because a lady placed down two butter beers and a big plate of fish and chips.

"tell me a story." briar blurted out as she set down her cup.

"a story?" he questioned.

"yeah."

"of what?"

"anything. your friends... your family... anything."

"hmmm..." fred looked off to the side thinking of an interesting story to tell her.

"ok i got one." he finally said.

briar leaned closer towards him with her hands holding up her chin.

"we were at home, the burrow, and this was a couple years ago. maybe me and george's second year?" he paused then nodding confirming the time, "and ron-"

"wait, wasn't ron like ten at this time?" she couldn't help the smiled growing to her face. the thought of a little ron running around warmed her heart.

"oh yeah, we have some great photographs of him back home, we'll show you them when you come."

a huge smile broke out onto her face, she could already imagine his bright red hair and pale freckled skin in a miniature version of himself.

"but anyways," fred continued, "ron was with ginny in her room. me and george were downstairs with charlie, percy, and bill, it was christmas time so everyone was home."

briar tried to imagine ron hanging out with ginny. it seemed almost impossible. they didn't seem very close. whenever they were together ginny would be annoyed with ron and would tell him that she 'wasn't a kid anymore' or something along those lines.