about an hour later ron had fallen asleep too.

he got to see the end of the movie, but toulouse was still on him sleeping and he didn't want to move her.

he woke up to feel briar stirring in her sleep.

she was mumbling something he couldn't make out.

he looked down at her unsure of what to do.

suddenly she jolted up and gasped with her eyes wide open as she started to hyperventilate.

tears were brimming in her eyes, threatening to spill any moment now.

ron instantly moved closer to her and settled his hands on her gently, "it's ok, it's ok, just breath."

he didn't really know what to do in this situation, but he did a good job.

she flinched slightly not remembering he was with her.

she looked up at him and slowly her rapid breathing came to a halt.

"you... you didn't leave." she said in a small voice.

"of course not." he said quickly.

"oh godric," she stood up a little too quickly, causing her to sway and her legs to shake under her body weight, "i'm sorry, i'm so sorry you saw that."

"what?! why are you sorry?!"

"oh my merlin, that must have been so uncomfortable for you. i'm sorry that's so embarrassing."

he shook his head, causing some of his hair to fall over his eyes.

she started pacing back and fourth, "i cant believe you saw that... i'm so sorry-"

ron firmly grabbed her shoulders to stop her from spiraling, "it's ok, it's not your fault."

she swallowed and nodded.

she was still embarrassed from the amount of vulnerability. but in that moment she mostly just wanted to feel better.

he led her back over to her bed and she felt just how tired she truly was.

she had gotten under the covers and her eyes started to feel very heavy.

just as she felt herself drift back to sleep she heard the door open.

"you're leaving?" she croaked.

"oh- i just thought you'd want to be alone." he replied already feeling warmth in his chest.

the truth is, he didn't want to leave, but he also didn't want to stay if she didn't want him to.

"stay." she forced her eyes open, "please."

ron nodded slowly as he began to walk back over to her.

she was too tired to overthink any of her actions, so she pulled her comforter up and scooted over to made room for him to lay down next to her.

he gulped before moving under the covers with her.

once he was fully submerged, she instantly moved closer to him, laying her head on his chest with her hand a few inches down from her head.

he took a deep breath, obviously not used to this type of intimacy before he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer into him, even if it was possible to move any closer.

she could feel his heart racing through his chest as it moved slowly up and down against her head.

he smelled her shampoo very clearly now, with her hair in such close proximity to his nose.

it smelled like cinnamon, the epitome of fall.

as he inhaled the scent of her hair he also drifted off to sleep.

~

in the morning briar woke up in the same position she put herself in the night before.

ron was deep in sleep.

his hair was messy and covering his eyes slightly, his sweater was pulled up, probably from briar moving her head on his chest in her sleep, and his eyelashes on display from the sunlight shining in through the window.

she slowly started to remember what had happened the night before.

slowly, she got up from the bed.

ron reached out slightly for her, groaning as he moved to lay on his stomach.

she ventured to the bathroom and got in the shower.

once she got out, she walked back into the room, hoping ron was still asleep and wouldn't see her in only a towel.

she cursed herself silently for not remembering to bring clothes into the bathroom with her before she showered.

when she opened the door, she peeked out and didn't see anyone in the room. thinking he must have left, she walked out to get some clothes.

the back of her towel was slightly hanging down, showing off her water stained back.

at that moment, ron walked back through the door holding an assortment of food.

she jumped slightly not registering who it was, "merlin ron, you scared me."

"sorry," he set down the food onto her vanity, "i thought you'd still be in the shower."

his eyes settled on her.

he could feel a bundle of heat inside of him.

he quickly sat down on a chair and leaned forward awkwardly.

she didn't seem to have noticed the change in his demeanor as she said, "hang on a second, i'm gonna go change and i'll be right out."

as he waited for her, he took some pretty beat up looking string and started dangling it in front of toulouse, watching her jump and claw at the string just before he moved it away.

briar walked out in her uniform, long sleeved button down white shirt, a plaid skirt, black knee high socks, and chunky school shoes.

she sat down in front of her vanity as she brushed out her hair.

"i- erm- i brought back some breakfast. i figured you might be hungry." he motioned towards the pile of food in front of her.

he brought up two bagels with cream cheese, two full glasses of orange juice, strawberries, and bacon.

she instantly reached for the strawberries and sunk her teeth into it, causing a tiny bit of juice from the berry to drip down her lips to her chin.

"i remembered they were your favorite." ron said as he eyed the juice slowly running down her lips.

"howd you remember that?" she asked as she looked back at him and wiped away the juice.

"um- from last year, you said you liked strawberry shortcake."

"you remember that?"

he nodded as he reached for bacon and a cup.

she blushed as she turned back towards the mirror, putting a headband in her hair.

as she grabbed a bagel and stuffed it into her mouth, she got her books together and robe.

she took a bite and swallowed quickly, "you ready?"

he looked down at her nodding as he grabbed the other bagel and handed her the other cup of orange juice.

ron had already changed, probably before he went to get them breakfast.

"i'm so glad we both have late classes today." briar said with a full mouth.

"same." he replied back with also a food stuffed mouth.