in ginny's room, briar and ginny were playing with toulouse when they heard a knock at the door.

"yeah?" ginny called out.

fred came sauntering in, "mum says dinners ready."

"great, i'm starving." ginny sighed in relief.

briar followed both siblings out of the room and down to the table.

as they took their seats, molly directed the food to the table.

she quickly took notice of the missing residents and squinted her eyes, "where's the boys?"

briar didn't even notice they were missing until they came stumbling down the stairs. "sorry, mum." ron apologies quickly.

molly waves away his words and gestures for them to sit and eat.

briar was sitting in between ginny and fred, perfect.

ron's happy demeanor quickly changed when he caught sight of briar laughing loudly at something fred had said.

"oh please!" she exclaimed, "that can't be true!"

"oh, but it is," fred reassured. "i've seen it plenty of times."

"yeah? then prove it." briar challenged.

he shrugged, as if it was nothing, but was quickly interrupted by his brother.

"what are you two on about?" ron seethed with a full mouth.

briar creased her eyebrows and slitted her eyes at him, "none of your business."

"well it is if you're interrupting dinner." he quickly spat back at her.

"children, children, let's just enjoy this nice family dinner." fred joked, trying to calm them down.

she knew she had made him jealous, she didn't care, even though she probably should. after he got mad at her for no reason she wanted revenge.

she pursed her lips at ron and turned to fred, motioning for him to come closer to her.

she clasped her hand around his ear and whispered.

fred's eyes widened slightly and he nodded eagerly in reply.

"great. so sometime later?" she smirked at him.

she could feel ron's eyes burning into her skull, she ignored him and finished up her plate.

briar grabbed some extra food from the table and rose from her seat, she thanked molly for the food and explained she needed to go feed toulouse.

opening ginny's door, she placed the food on the floor for toulouse to eat up.

after that she laid in ginny's bed reading, until it seemed like everyone would be doing their own things downstairs.

just as she was about to get up and continue her book downstairs, she saw a tiny slip of parchment slip under the door.

she picked it up to see it said,

meet me outside in five.

knowing it was from ron, she rolled her eyes and tossed the note to the side.

~

it was the middle of the night, briar couldn't sleep.

she looked to see ginny snoring loudly next to her, she definitely couldn't fall asleep now.

she groaned as she pulled the covers off of her and grabbed the pillow she was using, hoping she could find a blanket downstairs.