"do you wanna take a nap?" briar asked innocently after a heated make out session. "i'm kinda tired."

ron smirked to up to her, "i wore you out just from kissing?"

she rolled her eyes, stepping onto the floor after sitting atop ron, "don't get too cocky. it's not a good look."

"come on," he chuckled, standing up and picking her up by her waist, "you know you love it."

he threw her back onto the bed as she crinkled her nose in disgust, "no i do not. that would be like me saying, i can make you all hot and bothered by only putting on chapstick."

"well it's not a lie..." he shrugged, climbing onto the mattress next to her.

after seeing her expression he continued, "what? you have nice lips."

"you're such a typical teenage boy." she pursed her lips, drawing the covers over them both.

the bed was small, forcing them to get close to the other, not that they were complaining.

briar yawned loudly as she laid her head onto ron's chest, feeling his heartbeat quicken at her close proximity.

it was almost embarrassing how nervous he still got around her, even though they both knew they had the same feelings.

their little love affair had gone on for about two weeks now. but still ron found himself blushing when she complimented him, his heart do flips in his chest when she walked into the room, get tongue tied when she was bold with him, anxiety rising with hope he was impressing her when he made a comment, and tense up slightly at her touch before melting into it, accepting her fully.

he thought she could leave at any moment, she could soon realize that she could have someone else.

he told himself it was only a matter of time. 

so, he made a pact with himself, he would cherish every moment he had with her, hoping, praying, it wouldn't end.

but the sad thing was, they still hadn't told each other out right that they had feelings for each other.

and they still hadn't talked about what they are. if they're dating, hanging out, friends, friends with benefits?

it seemed like they both didn't want to say anything, scared that talking about it would break their high.

they both knew that they didn't have to outright say it.

they both knew that they wanted each other.

after being lost in his thoughts, he looked over to briar to see her sleeping soundly.

with his arm wrapped around her, he pulled her closer to him, and kissed the top of her head, shutting his eyes and letting sleep take over.

when she woke up, she looked over to see ron on his back with his mouth slightly open, breathing heavily in deep sleep.

his hair was messy and in his face, but he didn't know, he was asleep.

it felt like it was nighttime because of the blinds being closed.

only a little bit of light seeping through, through the parts of the window that the blinds didn't cover.

she reached over and touched his face delicately.

he stirred a tiny bit from the touch, but just readjusted himself slightly and continued sleeping.

when he stopped moving, briar reached back to him and swept the hair out of his eyes, taking in his features in the dim light.

she traced his lips softly, then moved down to his hand, which was resting on his stomach.

suddenly becoming very aware of her surroundings, she realized that he shared a room with other boys.

boys who she knew.

who could potentially make fun of her for leaving their dorm with messy hair and sleepy eyes.

she pulled her hand back and looked around the room, seeing no one else was in there.

she didn't want to wake ron up from his slumber, he looked so peaceful.

when she saw that only her and ron were the only occupants of the room, she slid out of the bed and put back on her shoes.

as she walked out of the room, she felt like one of those girls in the movies, drunkenly leaving after a one night stand, clothes in disarray, clearing not making much of an effort to clean themselves up.

she grimaced at that realization, but then reminded herself this was a totally different context, she wasn't leaving a one night stand, she literally just took a nap and is going to get ready for dinner.

dinner.

checking a nearby clock, she saw that dinner was soon.

feeling gross and starting to hate herself for just leaving ron, only to wake up soon and realize she won't be there next to him, she made a pact with herself as she walked to the girls dormitories.

she would go back before dinner and wake ron up if he wasn't already.

briar turned around to see ron standing in her doorway.

she gasped and jumped slightly, not hearing him enter the room.

"you left me." ron smirked at her jittery demeanor.

"i was about to come back." she snapped back, her nerves still high.

"hey," he walked closer, picking up her hand to examine it, "what's this?"

she chuckled as she pulled her hand away, looking down to it too.

"it's nothing," she shrugged, "toulouse scratched me."

"what? why?" he questioned.

"i was trying to look at something on her paw, but i guess she didn't want to be touched there, and gave me a little scratch."

"that's not a little scratch!" ron yelped, "i knew it, i knew it. that things a beast!" he pointed down to an innocent looking toulouse, lying on her side, stretching out on the floor.

"she's not a beast." briar bent down to pick her up, "you're sorry, aren't you toulouse?"

toulouse didn't say anything, she just looked between briar and ron with her big, sorry eyes.

"see? now tell her it's ok." briar laughed as she held up the cat to ron's face.

ron's eyes squinted as he looked at toulouse.

"she's just a baby, she didn't mean it." briar smiled. "now let's go, i'm hungry."

"whatever." he grumbled, eyeing the innocent cat as he followed briar out of the room.

i kinda hate this lol