ok updating has been getting a whole lot harder with school lol so i'll try and update as frequently as possible but it probably won't be every day :(

briar had gotten her presents for everyone.

there were a few days until christmas break.

harry had announced that the da would meet once more before the break.

everyone was excited to say the least.

it was getting harder and harder to get away with their secret meetings, though.

umbridge had become a pain to everyone she encountered.

there were times after a meeting where someone would just make it before getting caught by umbridge, filch and his cat, and or her stupid little group she put together.

her group consisted of some slytherins, being led by draco, naturally.

yo say they were annoying was an understatement.

briar didn't like a lot of people but to really hate someone, umbridge took that place.

every time umbridge would encounter briar and push her buttons, she would do everything in her power from refraining to punch her professor.

briar had all of her presents ready to give away.

she was going to the burrow for the holidays, she was confused why her mother was so ok with her not being there for christmas, but she didn't want to ask and jeopardize it.

briar had already packed for the holiday.

she was so excited to meet ron, ginny, fred, and george's full family and see their home.

it sounded wonderful to her.

ron kept insisting that it was nothing and it wasn't as cool as his siblings made it sound, but briar would just shush him and go on about how excited she was.

~

briar sleepily walked down the stairs to the common room.

hermione, ron, and harry were sitting together deep in discussion.

when briar entered the room, ron's eyes shot to hers.

hermione was mid sentence talking to him when he abruptly got up and walked over to briar.

"where were you? after it's almost dinner." he asked nervously as his eyebrows linked together.

"i was taking a nap, i'm sorry." she smiled at his want to know where she was.

that only made ron crease his eyebrows more deeply than before, looking confused as ever. "i like naps..."

she walked away from him and over to a chair.

ron, probably forgetting that no one really knew about their relationship, sat down on the left arm rest of briar's seat.

though, ron didn't forget, he knew full well what he was doing.

she looked up at him, but shrugged it off immediately, it wasn't too obvious.

he looked down at her as she looked up at him, he smiled down to her as he leaned back against the back of the seat.

she could feel the blush rushing to her face as she watched him sit back.

it was almost embarrassing how the tiniest of things that he did made her all flustered.

"... i just don't get it." harry grumbled to himself angrily.

briar brought her attention to harry and asked what the matter was.