they were caught.

most everybody got away in time.

but there was still the parchment with all the names on it.

briar was packing for holiday with the weasleys.

"you packing already?" ron asked, standing in the doorway of her room. "we don't leave until tomorrow."

"wait really? i didn't know that." she joked.

"bri, i've told you this a million times we-" he cut himself off in realization, "oh you were joking."

she nodded her head innocently and walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"be careful, if umbridge sees us less than 8 inches from each other, she'll write you up." ron smiled looking down at her.

she ignored his little joke and said, "i'm so excited, i can hardly wait."

"it's really not much-"

"-stop it ronald! i'm sure it's amazing."

~

that evening, briar stayed down in the common room past curfew, ron waited up for her in her dorm.

she was working on some last minute school work.

harry stumbled down the steps from the boys dormitories, he sighed loudly and collapsed onto the couch.

he didn't seem to have noticed briar in the corner of the room.

she hastily stood up and sat down beside him.

"cant sleep?" she asked just above a whisper.

he nodded, refusing to take his eyes off of the fire.

"it's about the da isn't it?" she asked again.

he nodded again.

"if it makes any bit of a difference," she took a breath, "cedric would have loved it."

it was then he finally looked at her, he looked sad.

harry just looked at her, he didn't say a word.

she went on anyways, "he would have joined once he heard about it, and definitely would have stood up when people were calling you a liar."

he nodded slowly.

"you miss him a lot, don't you?"

at this point, the only way he was responding was with a nod.

"i'm sorry you had to see him die, i'm sorry for all of the shitty things that have happened to you, and probably will happen to you... you don't deserve that." she rested her hand on his, in attempts to comfort him.

he didn't pull away like she thought he would.

it was silent for a few moments.

"i've been having visions- for a while now." he finally spoke.

briar inched closer to him.

"nightmares, although i've had those for a while too."

now it was her turn not to speak. she let him talk, and talk, and talk. pour his heart out to her, let out everything he's been holding in.

after his rant, she felt a tear roll down her cheek, she quickly wiped it clean and hugged him tightly.

"you're stronger than him, you know more, you are everything he wants to have." briar stared at him, "you are going to beat him, i know you are. you're harry potter the 'boy who lived' the 'chosen one'."

he let out a dry laugh.

"i know you more than you think i do, i know you're hurting, and i know there's nothing anyone can really do about it." she sighed. "but we believe in you, i believe in you. and starting tomorrow, we are gonna forget all about stupid voldemort. he doesn't deserve to be the subject of our conversation. i know you have the biggest amount of stress on your shoulders, but for now, just forget about it, just for a little while, you deserve that much."

before she let go of him, she squeezed him tighter.

"you aren't a bad person, harry." she whispered.

she let go, leaving him in shock by her little motivational speech.

just before she walked up to the girls dormitories, harry called her name.

she turned around, looking at him looking at her.

"why are you not scared to say his name?" he questioned quietly.

she shrugged, "i don't know... of course i'd be scared if i saw him standing in front of me, but... i think he's a coward."

"he is a sad little boy to me, who is a coward." she finished off.

harry smiled slightly.

"thank you." he spoke carefully.

"of course." she had a warm smile on her face.

she turned to walk away again, but stopped once more and turned around to face him, "besides, i bet bellatrix lestrange has more balls than him."

"she's a menace, a terrible, terrible person, but voldemort is a pussy, everyone is braver than him." briar explained, she didn't want harry to think she liked bellatrix lestrange.

and with that, she walked away.

"bloody finally." ron complained once she walked through the door, "i've been waiting forever for you."

"awwww, i'm sorry." she fake pouted.

"can we go to sleep now?" he asked. 

"why didn't you just go when you wanted to?"

"because i was waiting for you." he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

briar beamed up at him, "you're adorable, you know that?"

he chuckled as he took her hand and led her over to the bed.

he pulled her towards him, and tugged the sheets over them.

he hugged her waist close to him, so she had her back to him, and he nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck.

"goodnight, darling." he whispered to her.

"goodnight." she whispered back.

BOI BOI BOI BOI

so there's this girl in my class, and i can't really tell what's going on but i kinda like her and she kinda hinted to my friend that she thought i was attractive so maybe i'll have a gf soon?

let's hope lol