the three girls went to the three broomsticks with their bags in hand.

ron had gotten harry to stay and wait for the girls to be done, hoping they would come to the pub after.

just as harry said 'they probably went straight back to the castle' ginny walked in with luna following closely behind her.

both spotted each other and the two girls sat down across from them.

"where's briar?" ron questioned as he looked at the door.

ginny narrowed her eyes at him, taking advantage of the fact that he instantly asked where she was, "she'll be here in a second." she paused, then spoke again, "she ran into dean and seamus."

"why would she want to talk to seamus? she doesn't even like him?" harry asked without thinking.

"how would you know that?" ginny rose her eyebrow.

"we're friends..." harry answered awkwardly.

ginny pursed her lips and looked at the waitress approaching their table.

once the waitress left to go get their drinks, briar stumbled in, laughing at something dean had said.

when she spotted the group, she looked back to dean and motioned to their table.

he nodded and followed her towards them.

ron scowled as he saw dean trailing behind briar.

it was no secret that dean had formed a little crush on her after the yule ball the year before.

i mean how could he not?

she was an angel sent down from god himself.

dean sat down leaving no space for briar, so she went to go ask another table if she could barrow a chair.

once she came back, she set her chair in between dean and ron.

"sorry dean," ginny began, "we only ordered enough butterbeers for us and bri."

ron turned his head towards his sister and gave her a disgusted look, "only i call her bri."

it got quiet for a second until ginny rolled her eyes, "jeez, fine. we only ordered enough butterbeers for us and briar."

before dean could speak briar did, "it's ok, i can just get pumpkin juice, i'll be right back."

she swiftly got up from her seat, leaving her bag on the floor next to her.

"did you guys find dresses?" ron asked, changing the topic.

"oh yes," luna sighed, "briar's is beautiful on her, you're gonna melt when you see her, ron."

ron didn't say anything in response, instead he just blushed and tried not to look in the bag.

ron's eyes lifted from the bag when he heard his name called, looking up to see dean taking to him.

"did you hear me mate?" dean laughed awkwardly.

he shook his head, forcing himself not to roll his eyes.

"i asked, so you're going to the ball with briar?"

"yeah." he replied, taking a swig from his butterbeer.

"hm..." dean hummed as briar sat back down.

"here," she handed a butterbeer to dean as she set down her pumpkin juice, "i figured i'd just get the beers while i was up there."