the timeline for this book is so wack im sorry it's all over the place, just try and go with it please lol

before they knew it, they were already back at the castle. which meant one thing they would have to deal with: umbridge.

back at the castle briar was being filled in on what she missed while she was napping.

"and then he clapped his arms over his head calling his phoenix and escaped right before they could nip him." harry explained.

"merlin..." briar thought aloud "how long was i asleep for?"

harry rolled his eyes at her comment and pressed on, "don't you understand?! dumbledore's gone! and it's my fault!"

"alright mate, you don't have to yell at her." ron said as he sat next to briar on her bed.

briar blushed slightly but quickly swatted it away and stood up to harry's level. "it's not your fault. but, what does that mean now that he's left?"

"umbridge is what it means." hermione grumbled from a chair near the door.

"she's taking over the school." harry explained.

~

some time had passed and umbridge was ruling with an iron fist.

it was getting warmer out and tension was rising.

fred and george had not stopped their pranks at all. they always seemed to come up with a new, bigger, and better one after the last.

most recently, they turned a corridor into a swamp so harry could contact sirius.

they ultimately left the school for good on their brooms.

it was weird to say the least, not having them in school anymore.

but out of everyone being affected by the twins departure, briar felt the most remorse for their best friend lee jordan.

there was also the owls exam, thankfully briar passed along with the others.

harry really left an impression by producing his patronus earning him extra points to pass. ron couldn't stop laughing about the look on umbridge's face after harry had succeeded.

apparently one of cho's friends ratted out the da.

harry, ron, and hermione were not gonna give the girl a break.

briar would get upset when ron and harry would join in on bullying the girl. yes, she did rat them out, and briar was upset about it too, but she wasn't going to stoop so low to go out of her way to make the girl miserable.

"you two are just as bad as draco is." briar would hiss at them before walking off in fury.

eventually they seemed to get bored of spewing out different insults to cho's friend, much to briar's relief.

she had gotten in a fight with ron about the matter, ultimately he came and apologized.

even after forgiving him, things haven't been the same.

ron was always off with harry and hermione whispering about whatever.

they didn't seem to want to fill her in anymore.

he was also constantly skipping out on dates and just time to be with briar.

spending less, and less time with ron was sad but she also had ginny.

"i don't know, it's just upsetting. i was so close with harry and ron, and then all of the sudden things shifted." briar ranted to ginny after being blown off again by ron.