"merlin i hate that man." ron grumbled as they walked out of potions class.

"i mean, what was he thinking bullying hermione in there?!" he continued on.

hermione blushed profusely.

"he doesn't deserve the title of a 'man' he's far from it." briar said looking at the people in the halls pass them by.

"i agree with briar." hermione stated proudly.

she looked over and couldn't help but smile at hermione, thinking maybe they were making improvement on their friendship.

briar suddenly felt an arm around her shoulder and looked up to see fred weasley next to her.

"helloooo briar."

ron looked over at his brother angrily, "what do you want fred?"

"i was going to invite you to a party in the room of requirement me and george are hosting tonight. but, since you are being so crabby, maybe i'll just uninvite you."

"what?! you cant just uninvite us!"

"i wasn't going to uninvite everyone, only you ron." fred smirked.

"whatever, i'll just sneak in with bri or something."

"ah, ah, ah." fred said as he tapped his finger on ron's nose, causing ron to swat him away, "it's very exclusive. you have to have an invitation, lee will be checking at the door for them, he will also not hesitate to kick out whoever doesn't have one, no matter the relationship."

to everyone's surprise hermione agreed, "alright! it sounds fun. i'll be there!"

"who are you, and what have you done with hermione?" ron said as he looked at her as if she was crazy.

"what? i deserve to have a little bit of fun..." hermione replied, smiling big.

"ah that's the spirit!" fred exclaimed, "what about you briar?"

"maybe. i have a lot of school work i need to get done."

"boooooo." fred put his thumb down in front of her face, "well here's an invite just in case."

he handed her a tiny slip of parchment with his and george's faces on it, enchanted to wink at whoever had it.

"would the heir of slytherin like to attend too?" fred asked, lowering his head down to harry's height.

"i almost forgot you were here harry." briar joked, elbowing in lightly.

he looked over at her with a sarcastic smile before answering fred, "sure. but only if ron can come too."

"fine," fred groaned, "but only because your famous or whatever."

he turned himself around so that he was facing the four of them and walking backwards, handing them each a slip of parchment.

before walking off he looked to briar and pointed at her, "if you don't at least make an appearance, i'll shave all the fur off your cat."

"you wouldn't dare!" briar gasped.

"oh i would. so now you have to come." fred shrugged before he walked off to invite more people.

~

briar was sitting in the library scribbling away furiously.

ron was sitting across from her, pretending to read a book.

in reality, he was just building up the confidence to ask her to the ball.

'how does she look so effortlessly beautiful, even just working on homework.' ron thought to himself, 'ok, i'm gonna do it, right now'

"bri, i wanted to ask you someth-"

"briar!" a ravenclaw boy interrupted, "do you have a moment?"

ron looked up at the boy, grimacing.

he was tall, but not as tall as ron was, he had curly dirty blonde hair, and brown eyes.

"yeah." she answered, not even looking up from her work.

"um," the boy looked between her and ron awkwardly, "could we erm- go somewhere a little more private?"

she didn't move her eyes from the paper as she spoke, "i'm sorry, could we speak here? i'm very busy."

the boy looked back at ron, disgusted, before he carried on, "sure... well we have been having so much fun in astronomy..."

"mhm..." briar hummed in response.

"and... well... i was wondering if maybe you would want to... go to the ball with me?"

briar instantly stopped writing.

she slowly looked up with a face of sympathy, "oh, i'm so sorry peter, but i'm already attending with somebody else."

ron felt as if his eyes popped out of his head.

"oh..." the boy, peter, said. "well, good for him. i'll see you in class?"

she nodded before she watched him walk away.

"you- you're- you're already going with someone?!" ron stuttered, feeling the air in his lungs fade away.

"hm?" she looked over to him confused, "oh, no. i only said that."

and suddenly just like that, the air filled back up.

ron sighed in relief.

"no one i think i could tolerate for a whole night has asked me." briar laughed to herself.

this was his chance.

they were already on the topic.

it was perfect.

"what were you going to ask me before he came over?" she asked as she looked back down to her work.

"oh, i- um." he took a breath, preparing for the worst.

"iwaswonderingifmaybeyouwouldwanttogototheballwithme." he said in a rush.

"what?" she looked up at him confused.

he sighed, "i was wondering if maybe you would want to go to the ball with me."

his hands were starting to sweat, he could feel the pink tinting on his cheeks.

she looked at him, starting to smile a little bit.

when she didn't answer, he continued, "you don't have to say yes if you don't want to, i just thought maybe-"

"yes." she cut him off, smiling so big she felt like the joker.

"really?" he asked with uncertainty.

"yes. of course." she jumped up from her seat, hugging him as she accidentally spilled her ink onto her notes.

she didn't care though.

after a moment briar quickly stepped back and scratched her arm awkwardly as she smiled at the floor.

"we should probably-" ron started, gesturing to the spilled ink.

"oh- of course." she got down on her knees as she started to try and salvage her work.

PSA: DOES ANYONE REMEMBER READING A FANFIC WHERE OUR CHARACTER AND RON BOTH LIKED HERMIONE BUT THEN US AND RON ENDED UP TOGETHER?!

BECAUSE IM TRYING TO FIND IT CAUSE IT WAS REALLY GOOD AND I CANT FOR THE LIFE OF ME FIND IT

IM REALLY SCARED IT GET DELETED OR SOMETHING