"alright mrs rose, you'll sit in the passengers seat while i drive." fred smirked at her.

"brilliant." she bit her lip up at him.

i mean it wasn't as if she was cheating?

they never discussed their relationship.

"you kids better buckle up back there!" fred laughed as he turned the key in the ignition.

ginny scoffed loudly, "don't play dad!"

the whole ride consisted of briar harmlessly flirting with fred while ron watched angrily from the back seat.

harry had tried to get him to talk the entire way to the burrow, but ron wouldn't budge.

he was adamant on staring daggers into the back of his brother, and briar's heads, just waiting for one of them to look back and see how upset he was.

eventually briar glanced back at ginny and caught sight of ron. she instantly tore her eyes away from him and back to ginny.

once they arrived at the burrow, briar stepped out of the car amazed at the sight in front of her.

their house was so pretty in her eyes.

different stories piled up on top of each other to make the building look like a skyscraper, it looked as though it was being held up by magic.

briar could tell they added onto the house as they went.

"you like it?" fred asked, slinging his arm around her shoulders.

"i love it! it's so cool!" she exclaimed as she walked up to the house, not even bothering for her bags.

before she could even place her hand on the doorknob, it flung open to reveal the same woman she saw at the train station earlier.

"oh hello dear!" their mother cried out excitedly. "we're so glad you all got here safely!"

she hugged briar very tightly, just like she did at the station, briar quickly realized that hugs weren't a scarce thing in the weasley household.

"let the poor girl breathe, molly." mr weasley laughed coming up from behind the door.

she expressed her halfhearted 'sorry's' and ran over to the group who was still by the car, her husband walking behind her to help get the bags out of the trunk.

briar watched as she instantly fastened her arms around harry.

she also caught notice of george pressing his lips into a line awkwardly while raising his eyebrows, fred rolling his eyes slightly at the sight as well.

once she was finished whispering what probably was little apologies and affirmations to harry, she went on to hug ginny next.

briar looked away at this point, feeling sorry for the twins and ron.

she instead walked through the doorway.

she was instantly met with enchanted utensils flying around, undoubtedly helping molly clean and prepare dinner.

she examined her surroundings, feeling a sense of home.

the kind that she felt when she walked into the gryffindor common room, except, this was an actual house.

everything was bursting at the seams with magic, warmth, and comfort.

was this what every wizards house looked like?

was this what her house was supposed to look like?

was this what her house would look like if her father was still alive?

she instantly shook away those thoughts once she felt someone lean down to whisper in her ear.

"what do you think now?" fred asked cockily.

"the same thing i thought before." briar smiled up at him.

he had her bag in his hand, ready to take it up to whatever room she would occupy.

"where is briar staying, mum?" he yelled out from the doorway.

"with me of course!" ginny shoved her brother over.

fred was on the brink of taking briar's things up to ginny's room, until yet another red head stepped into the room.

"i can take her bag." he huffed with his own bag in his other hand.

"it's alright ronniekins, i've got it." fred laughed, not noticing the heat behind his brother's eyes.

"i'm already going up, i can take it."

briar looked up to see the youngest weasley brother standing beside her, sizing himself up.

she knew it was ron who was talking, but she didn't want to look at him. she had broken that pact with herself very quickly when she heard his voice lower an octave.

his hair was disheveled, probably from running his hands through it in frustration. his pupils were dilated from anger, and staring at her the entire trip, the veins in his arms were showing off quite nicely in the very convenient t shirt he sported, even though it was winter, briar knew he liked the cold, and he looked as if he was about to snap off anyones head who argued with him next.

briar couldn't help but find it insanely attractive.

she couldn't stop the small smile growing to her lips as she watched him get upset.

deciding to stop, whatever was going on in that moment, she took her bag out of fred's hands and announced that she could take it herself.

girl boss moment?

ok so update with the girl- i'm literally terrified that she is loosing interest in me... but! im gonna see her tomorrow so we'll see what happens

also sorry for the short chapter i hope you enjoyed though!