it was time for her detention.

she didn't know exactly what time harry's would be over so she just waited outside umbridge's office, sitting on the floor reading a book.

after a short while harry walked out of the room, clutching his hand.

'i had expected that to take longer.' she thought.

she instantly stood up to meet harry's eye line, "so, how was it? what did she make you do?"

"write lines." he said stiffly, "she told me to tell you, that you can go in now."

briar couldn't help but look down to harry's hand, to see blood slowly dripping to the floor.

he looked down too, and gripped his hand more firmly.

she didn't asked him to show her his hand. she just muttered, "did you get that from in there?"

pointing lazily to the door of umbridge's office, harry nodded in defeat.

he thought to himself, 'well, might as well warn her if she gets the same fate.'

"she's going to do that to me too, isn't she?" briar blinked slowly, biting the inside of her cheek.

harry once again, nodded sadly, before walking off to where she assumed to be the common room.

taking a deep breath she knocked onto the door. umbridge, as she had suspected, opened the door with a fake smile, "so nice of you to finally show up, mrs...?"

"rose."

"mrs rose."

hesitantly briar walked through the door to find a single desk and chair waiting for her.

as she sat down she saw a quill placed on the desk with a sheet of parchment.

seeing briar eye the contents on the surface umbridge smiled as she sat down in her own seat, "you will be writing lines for me tonight."

briar picked up the quill, "and what shall i write?"

"hmmm..." the professor thought for a moment then spoke again, "how about, 'i must not be disrespectful towards superiors' that should do the trick."

she told herself she deserved this, after all she did tell her professor to shut up, "will that be all?"

"yes. write it as many times as needed, until the message really sinks in."

it sounded as if that line had been practiced over and over again before harry and her arrived.

she knew what was coming, but at the same time she didn't.

she instantly felt a dagger cut into her soft skin, carving the words she had written down.

in that moment she finally heard the noises of what seemed to be a million cats around her.

'this really is torturous' she thought to herself.

she bit her lip so hard, to try to not show how much pain she was in.

the words felt hot on her skin, cutting deeply into her hand.

she tried to write the lines lighter, but that didn't seem to help the pain at all.

she could feel every bit of her skin ripping, her fingers aching, tears brimming in her eyes.

after what seemed like eternity, umbridge finally told her to show the professor her hand.

umbridge grabbed her hand roughly and pulled it closer to her face to inspect it. after a few moments she pursed her lips, "one more meeting should do some good."