holy shit i didn't realize how long i was gone for im sorry babes

summer had officially begun, which meant briar could do whatever she wanted.

she started out the summer with swimming a bunch, realizing she didn't have many friends at her house, and writing letters to just about everyone she knew.

finally, after two weeks of the break, she was fed up with her boredom and got to leave to go to the burrow a week early.

her mother didn't seem too bothered by the idea, usually she would whine and make briar feel bad about wanting to get out of the house. but, this time she just shrugged and kissed her goodbye.

briar decided not to tell anyone she was coming a week early.

after help from her mom with producing a portkey, briar found herself at the door of a very tall house.

it looked like it was hanging on by a thread.

the house looked as though it was being held up by magic, with the whole upper story of the house resting on only two wooden beams attached to the first story of the house.

she had never actually looked at the house, all those times before of visiting she was more preoccupied with the people inside the house.

it was quite the vision, after briar stared at the structure for a minute, she knocked on the door, excitement practically sweating out of her pores.

after a moment a slightly plump woman with bright red hair approached the door opening it.

without any questions, she took briar completely in her arms and hugged her so tightly she got the breath taken out by abruptness.

"-hello." she managed to cough out.

"oh! darling i'm so sorry! where are my manners?!" molly said in a shrill. "how are you dear?"

"i'm fine, and you?"

"oh, great, i'm just finishing up dinner. you can take your things up to the old room you stayed in last time."

briar smiled and nodded as she made her way up the stairs.

finding her old room, she dropped her bags with a thump.

as soon as she was done with that, she went to go find ginny.

she went up to ginny's door and knocked, waiting to see her surprised face.

as ginny answered the door, she yelped and sprung herself forward, causing briar to stumble back slightly.

"what are you doing here?! you weren't supposed to come for another week!" ginny shouted with wide eyes.

briar shrugged and spoke in a calm tone, "figured i'd swing by a little sooner."

"oh perfect!" she grabbed briar by the wrists and pulled her into the room, plopping both of them down onto her bed. "so, how's your summer been so far?"

"boring." briar answered plainly.

after seeing ginny make an unconvinced expression she spoke on, "truly. all i've been doing is sitting on the couch or in my bed watching cable tv with toulouse."

"cable tv?" ginny questioned.

"it's like..." briar bit her lip trying to think on how to explain this, "it's like movies except it's a tv show, so it's made up of episodes and seasons, and each episode is a mini movie, usually lasting about 20 to 40 minutes instead of an hour and a half. and cable means it's live, so it's already on the tv, and you can't pause it, go back, or fast forward on live tv because it's live. does that make sense?"

"kind of." ginny replied, thinking hard.

without any warning, ginny's door swung open. "alright, ron's taking a shower so we probably have about 20-" he cut himself off once he saw ginny wasn't alone in her room. "erm- hello briar."

"hello harry." briar beamed at him as she bounced up to engulf him in a hug.

"wha- what are you doing here? you weren't supposed to come for like another week or so."

"it's nice to see you too harold." she rolled her eyes at him playfully.

he coughed, adjusting his glasses nervously, "no, no! i'm glad to see you b, i'm just surprised to see you so early."

she smiled up at him, over the amount of times he had called her 'b' her awkwardness at the nickname soon faded, seeing that she did miss being called that. even if it wasn't by the person who gave her the name.

"so, this," briar pointed back and fourth between him and ginny, "is happening now?"

harry's face turned bright red, ginny's only tinting slightly in pink. "...yeah." harry spoke slowly.

"what about luna?" she turned, now fully facing ginny.

"it just didn't work out." ginny explained as courtly as possible.

briar made an exaggerated frown on her face as she nodded in an understanding manner. "does anyone else know about you two?" she asked quietly. they both shook their heads.

after a moment of silence for briar to take in all this information, she cleared her throat. "well! i guess i'll go pay a visit to the twins now and leave you to... yeah."

she swiftly exited the room and closed the bedroom door behind her, laughing quietly to herself about the fact that she knows this information now, totally by accident.

ron was going to hate this.

merry christmas eve eve my loves

i hope you have/had a great christmas, hanukah, new year, whatever you celebrate :)