Regium

OC belongs to @forgotten_m00n

Name: Regium (regal in Latin)

This seems ... vaguely familiar but I think I'm thinking of something else lol.

Age: 6

Cool.

Sexuality: Straight

Alright.

Tribes: SilkWings and LeafWings

Oh, nice.

Appearance: Long neck, rigid posture, elegant build. Has a necklace made of sundew teeth (spines?). She has LeafWing scales that are mainly regal purple, with additional violet scales. Regium has a half-developed LeafWing spine that's is eggplant purple, with royal blue webs. She has LeafWing that wings are also royal blue, and fade into cyan right at the tips, with yellowish gold streaks. She has pale gold claws and horns, and cyan eyes. She is missing the leaf on her tail, and has antennae. Regium likes to keep her claws sharp.

Oh, I really like this! Purple / blue are one of my favourite colour combinations so she sounds very pretty to me. However, while it appears she has a mix of both SilkWing and LeafWing traits, what is her bodyshape (SilkWing head, LeafWing body?), as for hybrids it needs to be specific.

Personality: Regium grew up with the SapWings, but agrees with the PoisonWings. She likes to live up to her name, and acts like royalty, though she isn't. She doesn't help dragons unless she is close to them. Regium is very unnerving and calculating, but smart. She wants to learn how to fight, and is reckless if she doesn't have time to think. She is salty of LeafWings with leafspeak, and wishes she had that power. She doesn't believe in Clearsight. She is respected among the SapWings and has a reputation not to be messed with.

This is good, she has a nice blend of good and bad traits.

Occupation: Gardener.

Oh, explains the leafspeak jealousy thing lmao.

Residence: Outskirts of the SapWing village.

Neat.

Relatives: Sunburst (father) an unusually gold LeafWing, Iris (mother), a blue and purple SilkWing.

Nice names.

Friend: Myrtle, pale green and white SapWing

Oh, I like this name too actually. It's cute.

Crush: Maguey, big PoisonWing

Also a very good name.

Backstory: Iris viewed LeafWings as brave heroes, who fought against all odds. She hallucinated green SilkWings as LeafWings, and one day followed a real LeafWing back to the Poison Jungle. The PoisonWing knocked her out, and when they were interrogating her she started ranting about how awesome LeafWings were, and they sent her to the SapWings, where she met Sunburst (and blah blah blah). Regium liked to fight, and was very aloof, so she didn't have many friends growing up. She always went deep into the Poison Jungle. She was always warned not to. One day, her dad, Sunburst, pushed her out of the way of a sundew, and got trapped. Regium fought it madly, and by some miracle, was able to kill it, and wore its spines on a necklace. Some SapWing dragonets marvel at her weird scales, and Regium scares them away by threatening them, which makes her disliked among adult SapWings. She likes to run through the Poison Jungle and spy on the PoisonWings, who are aware of this, but don't really care because she hasn't caused any problems. Regium didn't try to join the PoisonWings, and that's because even if she doesn't act like it, she deeply cares about her parents, and also, Regium made it her goal to transform the SapWings into a more aggresive group. She always complains to Sequoia about teaching SapWing dragonets to fight. Regium got a crush on Maguey when she saw him training while she was spying on the PoisonWings, and met Myrtle when she volunteered to help with gardening.

Okay, this is pretty simple so far, but needs a few more details. What was different about Myrtle that made them and Regium become friends when Regium scared away all the other dragonets? How did she become so aggressive / want to change the SapWings if she grew up there and would have been taught about their ways? Also what do you mean that her mother she 'hallucinated green SilkWings as LeafWings'? Maybe I'm just stupid but I don't understand that bit lmao.

Abilities: Can absorb sunlight, can sense stuff with her antennae.

Nice.

Other: In the WoF Wiki section on Pantala, it says Pantala's language before Dragon might've been based on the Roman Empire, and people in Ancient Rome spoke Latin, and regium is regal in Latin. The regal fritillary butterfly has vaguely similar colors to Regium, and ALSO, her scales are regal purple. Additionally, Regium thinks scars are cool and intimidating.

Oh, that's neat (the bit about the Latin). WoF lore always interests me. Besides, I've realized now that since there's canon dragons named after things in different languages (like Hvitur, which I'm pretty sure is Norwegian for 'white'), I've resigned myself to that fact even though it makes no sense.

Overall, I give Regium a 8.5/10. Just work on a few small things on her appearance and backstory.