{41}

"Ready?" I asked as I popped up next to Mattheo.

He looked at me, noting that I didn't want my bruise showing as I covered it up with make-up. It looked like real, natural skin, so no teacher would suspect a single thing. Suddenly I looked around, searching for my cousin.

"Where's Alex?" I asked in curiosity.

Astoria jumped up from the stairs. "Dumbledore's office. You know, just to assure that he's on date with all his schoolwork and all."

"Ah," I said in an understanding tone. "Makes sense. Between me. Hermione and Harry, he ought to be on date."

Mattheo looked at me, narrowing his eyes. "That's an odd brooch," he said in a questionable tone.

I looked at my robe, noticing the snake brooch. I smiled as I looked up at him again. "Oh, yeah. I got it for Christmas from Alex."

Mattheo grew an uninterested look, before looking around the common room, noticing how it was slowly filling up with kids.

"We should head to the Great Hall for breakfast."

I looked at Astoria. "You joining?" I asked with a soft smile.

She smiled back. "I'll join later. I'm waiting for my idiotic boyfriend."

I giggled. "Well. See you in the hall."

It was just me and Mattheo who walked out of the common room up the stairs to the great hall. At first we were silent, just walking next to each other. I noticed a few children look at me, or maybe us. I felt conscious about my eye, feeling as if it was visible.

"Mattheo?" I asked the moment the hall was empty.

He looked down at me, seeing me already looking up at him. "Yeah?" he asked, noticing that I was looking nervous.

"Is my bruise showing?" I asked anxiously.

He stopped me, before looking down at my eyes, examining it. "No," he said, shaking his head. "Not at all."

I sighed in relief, before other kids walked passed us, laughing as they were in a different conversation. They entered into the great hall beside us, causing me to snap back into reality.

"We should- get in," I said, pointing at the doors.

Mattheo nodded, before allowing me to enter first. I smiled, before entering, seeing Alex, Blaise, Pansy, Theo, Jacob, and Enzo sitting somewhere in the middle of the Slytherin table, talking. We walked towards them, on the wall side of the hall.

In the corner of my eye I noticed a small boy sit, looking quite lonely. I immediately recognized him as Austin, because of his curly hair. He looked upset, looking around the table nervously. I bit down on my bottom lip, debating about what I wanted to do.

Only a few steps before we reached the others, I turned to Mattheo, giving a soft smile. Confused he looked at me.

"I'll be right back," I said as I took as step back. "Oh and tell the others to just pipe down on being dicks."

Before Mattheo could respond, I had already turned around, walking to the back of the hall. Confused he walked to the others, sitting down as he kept an eye on me.

"Where is she going?" Enzo asked as he sat picking at a paper, watching me trot around the table.

Mattheo shrugged. "I have no idea."

I suddenly popped up next to Austin, sitting down next to him, but kept my feet outside the table. With exited eyes he leaped forward, giving me a tight hug as he wrapped his arms around my torso.