{53}

Alex stormed out of the girl dormitories, suddenly flooding into his dorm, where he found Mattheo sitting with knife in his hands.

"You got her hooked?" he questioned, suddenly catching Mattheo's attention. "You don't even know her!"

With fury Mattheo jumped up. "I beg your pardon?"

"You don't even know lee the way I do. The way any of us do. Then you arrive out of the blue with nothing, and somehow she's hooked on you because you gave her a nickname? What's your problem?"

Mattheo scoffed. "What's my problem? You just stormed in here! I had no control over her and her feelings!"

"What's her favourite colour?"

"What?"

"White. What's her favourite food?"

"A salad?"

"A fruit salad. Normal salads fake her nauseous. Why doesn't she like tomatoes?"

"She doesn't like the smell."

"No! She doesn't like the juice! Why does she colour her hair?"

"Because she doesn't like it?"

"Because she doesn't like roots showing, and she like the funkiness. Why did she break a window in the potions class last week?"

"Because she was nauseous."

"Because she wanted fresh air!"

Mattheo had the knife gripped in his hand as he bit down on his tongue.

"You don't even know this girl! And you have her hooked on you! What type of a fucking monster are you?!"

"Fucking moran!" Mattheo yelled, just when everyone else ran into the room. "Lee's favourite colour is violet. She always a violet string around her arm, or neck! When she blooms flowers, they're violet! She likes salads, just not the tomatoes and lettuce everyone always puts in! She doesn't like the smell of tomatoes because it is ghastly. She colours her hair because she has the identical white gene that her mother had, and she refuses to have it in her hair. She puked out of the window, but no one noticed because Seamus blew up a potion, again. The room reeked of tomatoes!"

Alex was silent, speechless.

"So, before you go and yell on me because of her feelings! Because clearly I know her better than you do!"

"Alex?" Astoria questioned, walking forward. "What's happening?"

"He thinks I'm playing Lee, like she's a toy-"

"But you are!" Lorenzo said, also sounding a bit unhappy. "She was basically emotionless the day after you vanished! No one, not even Alex, could get her to grow a smile when she wasn't high. It shattered her!"

"And whatever conversation you two had, was nothing good, clearly."

Mattheo sighed. "I had no choice. He-" Mattheo was silent for a few seconds as the others looked at him, demanding an explanation. "He noticed me getting too distracted. I had to get 'rid' of her, since Lorenzo isn't doing his job."

Alex frowned. "What's Enzo's task?" he asked in curiosity as he noticed something was off.

Lorenzo sighed. "I have to get rid of Lee, since she's a distraction to Mattheo. He hasn't been getting his job done, and his father has demanded getting this girl out of Mattheo's way, whether this has to end in death or not. As long as Mattheo is not getting bothered, he and everyone else is safe."

"Mattheo's job? And what's that exactly?" Alex was impatient, still processing everything that Lorenzo had just said.

Mattheo sighed, dropping to a chair. "I have to find a girl. But she's a ghost. She's nowhere to be found. She's not on any school record. We have no clue who she is or even what her last name is."

Alex scoffed. "How hard is it to find a girl?"

Mattheo glared at Alex, seeing his arms crossed. "I want to see you find a girl with a name that no one has ever heard of!"

"What name? Cherry?" Alex joked, which wasn't quite funny to the rest.

"Belle," Mattheo said, suddenly changing Alex's mood completely.

"Wait, what did you just say?" he asked as he unfolded his arms, his voice scared.

"Belle," Mattheo repeated, before seeing Alex look terrified. "Wait, you know this girl?" he asked with a frown as he slowly stood up.

Instantly Alex shook his head as he reversed. "No, no, no. They can't be looking for her!" he said, looking at the floor.

"Her? Who is she?" Mattheo asked in fury.

Suddenly a creek echoed through the room, making everyone swing around, seeing me stand in the doorway, looking exhausted.

"Lee, you shouldn't-"

"My name is Belle," I said, suddenly shocking everyone. "Belle is short for Bellatrix, and Lee is short for Belle."