{57}

{Four months later}

I shoved myself onto the seat, with Austin right next to me.

"Okay, so you have all your books?" I asked, pulling his long hair into a small bun.

"Yes Lee."

"And your quidditch try-out clothes?"

"Yes Lee."

"And your hats?"

"You packed my bags!" he complained as he turned to face me. "Yes. I have everything!"

I laughed. "Good. Now where is Arora?" I asked, looking at the doors.

Just on time, Pansy entered, with a little blond-haired girl following after her. She smiled as she hugged me, before sitting down across me. Arora hugged Austin, then me. she sat down next to Austin on the couch, before seeing a violet lint around his wrist.

"I like your bracelet," she said, making Austin smile.

"My sister and I have identical ones," he said, before pulling my arm up, smiling.

Pansy chuckled. "So, Lee. How was your holiday with your new home?" she asked, making me giggle.

"It was quite nice. Austin's parents signed the adoption papers, fully aware of my past and possible future. They're really nice people. And the house where I live is just amazing. I'm definitely begging them for a sleepover with you."

Pansy giggled. "Gosh, I'm glad."

I smiled. "And you? How is it with your aunt? And where the hell is Enzo and that darn blond?!"

She laughed. "One: my aunt is nice, and a bit strict. Enzo and I are not allowed to smoke. In the house anymore. Two: they are late. Draco had to run to the loo before boarding."

Suddenly they popped up at the door, both exhausted.

"God this place is a maze," Enzo said as he dropped to the couch next to Pansy. "Oh, hello Austin."

Austin waved, before continuing his conversation with Arora. I giggled, shaking my head.

"Are you ready?" Draco sked, making me smile softer.

"I- I don't know. The place will be so- so different and empty without him."

Pansy was silent at first. "Without all of them," she said, making me sigh.

"Yeah, all of them."

-----

We placed our belongings down in our rooms, but I was quick to just drop mine down on my bed. I ran out of the doors, heading straight out of the common room. I rushed down the halls, without thinking twice at where to go.

Within five minutes, I found myself rushing up the Astronomy tower stairs, before meeting the brown eyes of a smiling moran.

"Matty!" I squealed in joy, before bolting forward, jumping my arms around his torso.

"Oh god, my princess," he whispered as he took in a strong sniff. "Oh god I missed you."

He let go of me,, before cupping my face. "I really missed you!" I said, making him laugh.

"I missed you too."

Suddenly someone rushing up the stairs, and I turned to see Pansy, out of breath. "Lee?" she asked, trying to get oxygen.

I smiled. "Pansy?" I questioned.

She frowned. "Come on, you'll miss dinner."

I chuckled. "Right, I'm coming."

"Why are you even here?" she asked as took a step down the stairs. "It's so cold. And it's late. No one's even here."

I sighed, looking behind me, seeing Mattheo shake his head.

Right. No one is here.

I faced her again. "Uh, yeah. I just- I just wanted to come here you know, for the memories."

Pansy sighed. "He's gone Lee. You can't undo what Theo did. He paid for it, and it's all over now."

Before I could respond, she turned around, walking down the stairs.

I turned to face Mattheo. "Why does it have to be like this?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes.

He sighed, placing his hand on my cheek, but I felt nothing. "Because I'm gone Lee. I'm-"

"Speaking to me right now!" I said, wishing I didn't know the truth.

He sighed. "No. You know I'm not real. You know it."

I shook my head. "I don't- I don't want you to be a walking memory. I want you to be a breathing one!"

He sighed. "You know I can't be."

"But you can!" I said, tears flooded my eyes.

"Lee," he whispered, making me look up at his eyes again. "I need you to do me something."

I frowned. "What?" I asked softly, knowing he had a reason to ask me this.

"Under my bed, there's a little clip. Click it. Inside is something I want you to have."

I frowned. "How are you doing this? Why are you doing this?"

He smiled. "I am in a horcrux. My father was obsessed with them. I learned how to place my soul in one, the moment I die. My memory, soul and mind is in it."

I frowned. "And what was your lucky object?" I asked, making him smile. He put his finger on my chest, causing me to look down, suddenly seeing my necklace. I chuckled.

"My lucky charm," he whispered. "Now I can stay close to the love of my life."

I looked up as he said those words, but Mattheo was gone. I sighed. Of course he's be gone.