{45}

Two weeks had passed. Mattheo was missing in action. Rumours had spread. Most were about me killing Riddle, or even hiding his body for slaughter. Some were that I scared him away from Hogwarts, or even scared him enough to kill himself.

No one had heard from him. Not Draco, Enzo, Jacob. No one.

The teachers started to suspect that I had something to do with his disappearance, but Dumbledore kept assuring them that I was innocent and had done no such thing.

Children started fearing me again. Making way in hallways. Scattering in between seats in classes. After a while, our group would sit alone on the one side of the Slytherin table, silent and untouched.

I on the other hand both loved and hated the last two weeks.

For one, I enjoyed being feared again. Somehow I had been labelled as 'safe' when the son of Voldemort himself went to Hogwarts. I was not threatening. Now they were all scared that I scared that boy specifically gone. And to be someone who could scare the son of the dark lord, would mean that you were someone quite special.

On the other hand, I hated having to deal with kids calling me a murderer. It reminded me too much of Bellatrix. I would hear kids pass me on the staircases, calling me a threat to society. I had been called a sociopath, psychopath, murderer, bully, monster, nightmare, and the queen of evil in the last two weeks. A record.

The only one beyond my group of friends who didn't fear me, was Austin. He'd still sit down next to me at Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was thankful for him. He was still sweet, kind, and adorable.

To be honest, I had noticed Harry, Ron, and Hermione sort of avoid me as well. I knew they were also one of those type of people who were scared that they'd vanish at my touch.

Ginny was barely to be found in sight. When I did see her, she'd wave, smile, and keep her distance.

I found myself sitting alone in most of my classes. Whenever I sat down with children around me, they'd scatter to other seats. The teachers didn't even care. They'd also avoid coming near me, by skipping my row. Kids would scatter out of the classrooms before I'd even put away my quill or wand.

-----

The group of children spread, 'allowing' me to pass through to the courtyard, where more children split apart. I took a deep breath as I walked down the courtyard stairs to the fields, where I headed straight to the quidditch fields. I had my bag gripped tightly in y grasp as I made my way through the locker room onto the field.

Immediately everyone smiled, seeing me approach. I noticed Enzo having some sort of cigarette in between his hands, which made me drop my bag, before snatching it out from in between his fingers.

"Woah, Lee!" Jacob said as he jumped up. "That's weed, not tobacco."

"Thank fucking god!" I said, before taking a drag.

"Okay, that's something new," Pansy said as she sat down. "She can smoke weed."

"We'd smoke a lot during summer holidays," Alex said as he sat back down.

I took another drag, before blowing it out.

"I needed this."

Alex and Enzo sighed. "Lee. That's your fourth joint this week."

"What?" Jacob asked in disbelief. "Fourth?"

I looked at him. "And? What's wrong with that?"

Jacob frowned. "God woman. It's Wednesday."

I turned to him as I took another drag, before blowing it into his face. "Jacob, I was an alcoholic at fourteen. And smoking four joints in three days is a lot to you?"

Theo sighed. "Lee. You're not taking care of yourself."

I giggled. "Says the one who had fucked half of the Slytherin and Ravenclaw house. Sex addict... right?"

He took a sat back down, knowing I was seconds away from breaking his nose if he said anything else.

I took another drag, making him sigh.