The Only Reason (Luke Hemmings imagine)

this was posted on a page i made for my friend alaine (so if she's using wattpad, the page is for you darling) but i'll put the link when im on my desktop so yeah

The Only Reason (Luke Hemmings imagine)

* (Y/B/N) - your bestfriend's name (girl)

During weekdays, he's a sophomore college student. During weekends at night, he'll be a frontman of a band he likes to call 5 Seconds of Summer. You'll be there, present , since most of his gigs are in the same place where you're taking your part-time job in.

But this time, it was different.

Couple months back, everything tear up between the two of you and it's kind of hard for you to see your ex-boyfriend covering songs of pain and regret in front of the crowd and most people would look up towards your way since they knew something was up, and purely wrong. This took off for four months and once you've already saved up enough money, you resigned from the place only to came back as a visitor during one late Saturday night.

"(Y/B/N), do I have to?" you asked lamely to your excited bestfriend, pulling you towards the front row. You looked at her as if you're cursing every profanity you could ever think of at the moment. "Like, what good would it be if I come? You know I still have paperworks."

"Funny, you said that yesterday too." you gulped as she smirked at you.

"W-Well, it's in a huge amount, can't do that for a few fours." you reasoned.

"You can't just leave me here," she pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. "Bestfriends before paperworks, remember?"

You rolled your eyes, "That doesn't even rhyme." before she could defend her statement, the speakers cringed a bit from the microphone and got everyone's attention.

"Good to see everyone here, just like last week," the oldies chuckled from Michael's introduction as the four of them were adjusting the microphone. "Calum is going to say hi for a bit."

"Shout out to nana Hansel with grandpa Joe tonight," the boy winked at the two while adjusting his bass on his lap. "And I would like to thank someone among the crowd for bringing someone important here." Calum wasn't looking - or rather, avoiding to stare down - at the the two of you but you know by heart it was you.

"Are you guys ready?" Ashton came to speak with a smile on his face. "I'm pumped."

"Shouldn't I be the one who's excited?" Michael laughed. "Luke, introduce it away." you then realized Luke was the only one wasn't speaking after the last eight minutes.

Your focus was on Luke now; he was sweating and composing himself at the same time. He glanced at your way but when he met your familiar eyes, the ones he truly adored about you when you speak or just stare, he glanced away immediately.

"So um," he stammered. "Michael created this song long before something happened and it suits the mood of it."

"What he's trying to say is," Michael intervened. "I made a sad song because he's sad so," Luke nodded to his friends and started strumming. Michael then sang the first lines, "Don't talk, let me think it over. How we gonna fix this? How we gonna undo all the pain?" you froze. You knew this song because Michael would always boast about what he have made, although he never knew what's the idea behind the song.

And in every line sang by the band, Luke would try to catch your stare until he has the guts to just focus on you. He fought over the tears, the nights wasted being wide awake and stomach grumbling from hunger. Now, he's going to fight to get you back because he knew he has a tiny slight chance and he knew he'll never love anybody too much but you.

At the end, you wiped the unwanted tears that left your eyes as he spoke, "I loved, I will love, I'll always love and still love you (Y/N). I know it's been months but I can't take this feeling I've grown for you." he met your glistering eyes, "You're the only reason, my only reason."