Drunk (Luke Hemmings one shot)

I dedicated this shot to my friend but the name wasn't really hers lol

Drunk (Luke Hemmings one shot)

Heart beats fast, colors and promises

There he was, standing tall and laughing with his friends by his locker. Everything seems to pace so slowly whenever I look at him, his lips spread out a grin and his eyes twinkle whenever he says something he absolutely adore.

How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

I can absolutely be honest to myself that I am in love with Luke Hemmings. He isn't the jock, the player, the famous or something nerdy; he's him and he's just a normal and a regular guy. He loves music as much as he loves his family, I know this, I've been hearing news about him. He's with Michael Clifford, Calum Hood and the new student, Ashton Irwin. He welcomed Ashton as his friend when he was bullied, I was there, I reported whatever happened. That was the first time Luke noticed me after years of being his classmate. He said "Hey, thank you for reporting Andy, he's an ass." and he then left me with a smile on his face, I knew I had to speak but at that time I was stuck in the thought of "should I kiss him" or "should I tell him how I feel".

But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

His group of friends left him with a wave of goodbye, maybe meeting him after lunch since they all have different classes. He took his book from his locker while he secretly opened his phone to call someone. The hallway was a bit crowded but I could clearly see him from my locker, which is a few meters away from his.

One step closer

That's all I need...although I already know he has a girlfriend. Aleisha is her name. She's pretty, caring and has a lot in common with Luke. I know this very well. I heard him said on his phone while he walked past by me, "Hey baby, we'll meet after school and eat at the pizza place okay?"

I looked around as he kept on walking, my heart dropped. It feels like it stopped beating yet I'm alive. Why won't he notice me as me? Not someone who reported Ashton's bully, not his lab partner and absolutely not as just a human being? I wanted to tell him he deserves me more than his girlfriend but I knew I had no chance to beat Aleisha in anything. I'm a nobody, I don't do Math nor I enjoy disecting a frog. I like looking at the skies, I don't talk much and I sometimes stare at a wall to visualize my thoughts about him and my life.

Yes, I am that in love with him.

And it hurts that I just kept on falling into an endless hole without someone catching me.

"Ms. Avance, might wanna walk along with everybody." I looked to see the hall monitor looking at me intensely. I nodded quietly and got to be in my class 2 minutes late.

---

She came in 2 minutes late, not really the girl I know to be late. She looked fragile and innocent with her arms hugging her history book while Mrs. Radd lectured her in front of everyone. I can't let this pass, she's in the verge of crying.

I feel bad for myself.

I stood up and said, "You can't be mad to your students after being 2 minutes late, Mrs. Radd."

She looked at me intensely, "I have the right to be mad, Mr. Hemmings, and I have also the right to tell you that you're disturbing the class by saying that."

"You're disturbing the class for lecturing Y/N in front of everyone. Why? To show you're superior? To show you're the boss here?" I defended.

"I AM the boss here, Mr. Hemmings. If you keep on disrespecting me, I would love to throw you out of my class." I rolled my eyes and took my bag.