Tani

Stepping into the sun, Y/n shielded her eyes from the brightness. Unable to see briefly, she was shocked when she caught the glint off of a car parked before her. Dropping her hand, she realized who stood before her. The man's lips were poised to begin yelling until he saw the look on his wife's face.

Darting forward, Y/n threw her arms around Obito's neck as he pushed off the car. His arms encircled her waist as he held her close. Obito had every intention of berating Y/n when she exited the strip club. However, when he caught word that she was headed to meet the former members of the Akatsuki, he left work immediately.

Holding her closely, feeling her body tremble, he grew worried. He would know that the woman was difficult to break, but something had happened that did just that. Obito moved slowly, holding his wife by the shoulders. Scanning her face, he took a deep breath in as he kissed her forehead.

"Asami," he whispered as he pulled away, "What are you thinking?"

Shaking her head as she wiped her eyes, Y/n squared her shoulders, "Not here," she glanced back, eyes narrowed on the camera pointed at them, "He's watching us." Y/n went to walk towards her car, "We'll meet at the penthouse."

"Wait," Obito called as he gripped her wrist, "What are you talking about?"

Throwing a look over her shoulder, she gave a simple answer that made Obito drop her wrist, "Madara called."

Obito stood stunned to silence as Y/n climbed into the Range Rover. Then, shaking himself from his trance, Obito climbed into his BMW and followed after her. They were both reckless as they drove. Emotional and distraught, Y/n swerved in and out of traffic. Obito was able to follow easily, used to his wife's erratic driving.

A blur of fast-paced walking from the parking garage to the elevators, Obito kept up with Y/n. Finally, in the penthouse, Obito expected an explanation. That wasn't what he got, though.

Y/n stormed through the living room and into the same office that housed the infamous safe. Ripping open the panel for the security system, Y/n began to pull all of the cords that powered the cameras.

"What are you doing?!" Obito shouted as he realized what she was doing.

Still pulling the cords, Y/n replied, "They're all working for him again," turning to look at Obito, she added, "He's been watching us."

Obito's expression shifted. Worry. Disbelief. Anger. Outrage. Where should he focus? Where should he start? Y/n watched as he scrubbed his face with the palms of his hands. Then, dropping his hands, he gave an exasperated sigh. "What are you talking about?"

Getting straight to the point, Y/n explained, "Kakuzu said that they were recruited to help Madara. Yes, everything was vague and cryptic, but I think I figured out what happened."

"You're not making any sense, Asami," Obito walked closer, "What is going on?" He gestured to the mess of cables and wires that Y/n had made.

A deep breath in, Y/n tried to calm herself. "I knew Deidara worked with explosives. His specialty." Lifting her gaze back to those dark orbs, she relaxed slightly. "I went to the club because I knew Hidan and Deidara were there. Kakuzu doesn't typically work Mondays-"

"How do you know all of this?" Obito cut her off.

Nibbling on her lips, Y/n admitted, "I've been keeping track of all of them since they were released from prison."

Torn between anger and pride, Obito settled for a simple answer, "Keep going."

"Kakuzu was there today," Obito's face dropped, "they were recruited. I don't know by who, though." However, she did have her suspicions. "If the three of them are working for him again, it's safe to say that Sasori is too. Probably Pein and Konan as well."